HD Audio problem on 10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sequoiadean

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
I just had my HD DVR installed last night. I was basically replacing an SD Tivo, so it was trivial to do. I am connecting this to my Samsung LCD TV via HDMI. I'm having one odd problem - the audio on the off-air and HD channels (channels in the 70's) doesn't work. All other channels are fine. I was on the phone with tech support last night, and they couldn't figure it out, and are sending me a new box. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this?

sequoiadean said:
I just had my HD DVR installed last night. I was basically replacing an SD Tivo, so it was trivial to do. I am connecting this to my Samsung LCD TV via HDMI. I'm having one odd problem - the audio on the off-air and HD channels (channels in the 70's) doesn't work. All other channels are fine. I was on the phone with tech support last night, and they couldn't figure it out, and are sending me a new box. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this?

The channels you are referring to have Dolby Digital signals for the audio. Your TV will not process Dolby Digital through the HDMI cable. There have been numerous complaints about this. Either turn off Dolby Digital on the receiver, or run a separate optical cable to an AV Receiver if you want DD.
If you are just using the TV speakers, there is no sense in having DD active anyway.

Thanks for the tip, billbillw! I'll check that out as soon as I get home, but that certainly makes sense!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)