hd audio problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lindenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
has anyone else notice that the hd channels audio is lower than sd channels.so I have to turn up my sound on hd channels.then when I switch to an sd channels it is blurring.has anyone address this issue to tech support?

There has been several postings about this "problem". Until DishNet releases a software solution here is a workaround: The problem is that the Hi def receivers are equipped with Dolby 5.1 as the default output, if you are connected to your TV with a hdmi cable and your TV has only 2 speakers then you have Dolby 5.1 being pushed thru 2 speakers. 2 speakers are STEREO not 5.1 (6 speakers) To balance the sound if you are using your stereo 2 speaker TV output, you must reset your Hi def receiver settings. Depending on your Dish receiver model, go to menu/system setup/dolby Digital, then select RF Mode and select PCM only. Then press DONE. This resets the output to 2 channel stereo to meet your TV's stereo design.( Might need to power off and restart your Dish receiver to get new setting to take effect) If your TV has built in DD 5.1 or you are outputting to a DD 5.1 amp or soundbar, then do not make this modification to your hi def receiver. I can't say this will equalize HD and SD sound levels on all TVs, but it did do that on my LG plasma 50" TV. This also allowed me to use my TV's surround sound settings to produce a better sound from the TV's speakers. Hope this works for you!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts