HD Channel Availability - Confused!

AVMe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Texas
I'm a longtime Dish customer and was told today by Dish that I cannot get certain channels in HD even though they are available to new customers with Turbo HD.

I have the Classic Silver 200 package and will be getting HD programming very soon (currently pay HD enabling fee with the VIP722). The following channels are not available in HD under the Classic Silver 200 plan but they are available under the Turbo HD plan:

CNN HD
CNBC HD
The Weather Channel HD
Versus HD

FOX News Channel HD is not available anywhere. :mad:

The Dish rep I just spoke with said she does not know when these HD channels will be available to me (a 12 year customer).

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind Dish not allowing me to get these channels in HD when new customers can get them?

With this issue, and my ongoing unresolved digital audio signal problems, can someone please explain to me why I should remain a Dish customer and not switch the DirecTV?

if you have Classic 200 and add HD silver ($10) you get every HD channel that has an SD counterpart in the classic 200 package. the Turbo packages are HD ONLY and there are some restrictions of the channels in those packages.

here's the breakdowns...they're kind of buried on the Dish site DISH Network - America's Top Packages Plus Turbo HD Programming - 1.888.825.2557

to get VS. HD you would have to sub to the Classic250 SD package

Your title says "Confused!". I think that either the rep or you were confused.

The Classic Silver package does not include the HD automatically. You must pay $10/month for the Silver HD. CNNHD,CNBCHD and Weather Channel HD are included in the Silver HD.

Versus HD is in the Gold level.

I would call back and talk to another CSR and get the proper information.

Someone is confused.

Your title says "Confused!". I think that either the rep or you were confused.

The Classic Silver package does not include the HD automatically. You must pay $10/month for the Silver HD. CNNHD,CNBCHD and Weather Channel HD are included in the Silver HD.

Versus HD is in the Gold level.

I would call back and talk to another CSR and get the proper information.

Someone is confused.
I know that Classic Silver does not include HD automatically. My question was for when I upgrade to the HD package.

It looks like both the rep and I were confused.

I called Dish back and spoke with a different rep (someone who speaks better English). She told me that I will get CNN HD, CNBC HD, FOX News HD, and TWC HD when I upgrade to Classic Silver HD package (which I will be doing next week when I get my new Pioneer Elite PRO-111FD TV :D).

The first Dish rep was wrong.

As Gilda Radner used to say...... never mind. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)