HD Channel confusion

jrm21

Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
I currently subscribe to Dish and have the HD package.

Was considering getting a 921 receiver (despite some of the negatives I have read in this forum). When I called E* to clarify some details I was told that both Starz and Cinemax were available in HD. I was also told that some of the additional channels I would be getting if I upgraded to an "America's Everything" package were "not all HD, but did broadcast some HD content."

I do not have Starz or Cinemax now, but can find no reference to any HD offerings available from them on Dish. Also, the comment about SD channels providing "some HD content" doesn't make sense to me (at least not in the context of being able to receive that HD content via Dish. I mean ABC broadcasts some content in HD, and you can get ABC via a locals package on Dish. You just will not get that HD content through Dish)

Can anyone clarify this. Are there any other HD offerings on Dish that are not part of the regular HD package? (CBS, HBO, Showtime, Discovery, TNT, HDNet, HDNet Movies, Demo Channel, ESPN and the PPV channels)

Thanks,

--Joe

Starz! and Cinemax are available in HD, just not from E*. The only HD in AEP is from Showtime HD and HBO HD, both of which are available in premium packages separate from AEP. See the EKB HDTV Page.

Thanks for the clarification. I already have HBO and Sho HD, so apparently I have all the HD channels that Dish currently offers. I thought the CSR was wrong (but was hoping he wasn't). America's Everything doesn't offer me more HD than I have now.

--Joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)