HD Channel List

I thought it was determined they are NOT in those packages and Dish has them listed incorrectly. It is actually CNBC. (maybe)

Look again in the corrected list. Both are in the Silver & Gold too bad Headline News isn't but I'm not gonna go to the AT 250 to get the Discovery channels like Science and Nat Geo both of which I watch. BTW I haven't heard from the yet either maybe they haven't found us yet.

Because there are some SD channels in the packages. Supposedly that's why they survive and Absolute isn't.

but the original poster (and the topic) is about the HD on Dish. Not what SD channels are in the package. It just confuses people.
Look at the "Top XXX" packages. If the channel is in SD its blank (like all the knockoff shopping channels, PI channels Dish 101, etc)
But then if you look at the "Dish America" packages there are stations (like TruTV) that are blank....ok so not in HD on those
but then they have colors on those knockoff shopping channels making it look like they are carried in HD when they're not

So all the chart did was confuse people even more ;) Basically if the channel is not in HD it shouldn't really be on a "HD" list

Well one could assume the reader knows that the AT includes the SD version. It is good to see what you are forced to get in SD in the DA packs.

but the original poster (and the topic) is about the HD on Dish. Not what SD channels are in the package. It just confuses people.
Look at the "Top XXX" packages. If the channel is in SD its blank (like all the knockoff shopping channels, PI channels Dish 101, etc)
But then if you look at the "Dish America" packages there are stations (like TruTV) that are blank....ok so not in HD on those
but then they have colors on those knockoff shopping channels making it look like they are carried in HD when they're not

So all the chart did was confuse people even more ;) Basically if the channel is not in HD it shouldn't really be on a "HD" list

I agree. Should HD only channels on that list.

Look again in the corrected list. Both are in the Silver & Gold too bad Headline News isn't but I'm not gonna go to the AT 250 to get the Discovery channels like Science and Nat Geo both of which I watch. BTW I haven't heard from the yet either maybe they haven't found us yet.

But the list is wrong, isn't it? I thought it was verified by actual subscribers......

You can get HD Latino Max and get NatGeo.

But the list is wrong, isn't it? I thought it was verified by actual subscribers......

You can get HD Latino Max and get NatGeo.

It's like the AT 250 w/slight differences for $12 less. Would lose the Science Ch & MSNBC but you get Headline News, most of the Discovery channels, & Playboy (in Espanol) for free "who listens to the words anyway". You get TMC & TMC xtra instead of Encore. This is something to consider since except the actual Spanish channels they are in Inglés. Damn Yaz you may have something here for a change.:D

Life's like that. Sometimes the answer is just a little bit different than you expect. If someone else can do a better job they can make their on spread sheet. You want to do it Iceberg?

The SD channels should be coded as SD in the spreadsheet. The problem is that there are really 2 questions trying to be answered by the spreadsheet - what is in DA vs AT. Perhaps 3 sections:

1. HD section listing the actual HD channels
2. A section showing what SD channels are in which Dish America package as reference for those considering DA packages vs AT packages
3. The list of PI/Shopping channels in every package

I'm losing Absolute and need to choose "something". I was thinking the AT200HD with Platinum is all I need. I noticed on the list here Comedy Central HD is omitted, but it's on all the Dish AT200 lists. I also see Encore listed, but I think it's only on AT250HD. And I see Starz Cinema SD in the Platinum list, is this true? I have Platinum and don't think I get that (but I haven't looked for it). Just want to be sure of what I'll be getting.

all the america pkgs include locals for free too, not sure about the other pkgs, can anyone confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)