HD Channel qulity on TV2?

I have a 921 and am considering getting a 622. A couple of months ago a guy in one of those Dish HD trucks set up near my house said I could hook up both of my HDTV's to a 622 if I wanted to send them the same program. He said HDMI and component outputs on the 622 are always active, so I could hook up both TV's. I haven't upgraded yet because of the cost, but that might solve the problem of connecting 2 HDTV's.

The 921 only has one HD output active at a time, so I have to pull the DVI connector to get a signal on component to the 2nd HDTV.

As a former Voomer, I have finally decided to ditch my cable, even though it is isupposedly ncluded with my HOA fees. I can get Dish HD and the needed equipment for less than I am paying for my two HD cable boxes ($9.50/mo each), one HD DVR ($16.50/mo) and two pay channels (HBO/Showtime- $25/mo).

I would like to get a 622 for the Family room and bedroom (TV2) and an HD box for my basement media room. Sound OK so far?

my question is the quality I will get on TV2. I know it is 480i SD, but I also understand it is still in widescreen for the HD channels- correct? I also have an HD set there and it is widescreen, but it is only 30" and I would appreciate comments on the acceptability of the 480i image (especially on HD channels).

thanks in advance.

I just upgraded the HD set in the living room, and moved the old to my bed room. Luckily they are only 20' apart, so I ran componet cables to my bedroom Tv, and Hdmi to the living room set, so I can have Hd in both places at the same time. But honestly the 2 RF outputs that also come into the bedroom look great as well.

TV2 output will either show up as letterboxed 16:9 or 3:4 depending on which position the letterbox/fullscreen toggle (format button) is in. For TV2 there are only 2 options with the format button.

Is the confusion here over single vs dual mode? I have min in single mode and the TV2 output is in full 16:9 widescreen downrezzed to 480. Unfortunately, my TV is 4:3, so everything is squished unless I use the DISH remote to zoom, then it is cropped 4:3.

I haven't tried dual mode, which may limit the second TV to 4:3.

Is the confusion here over single vs dual mode? I have min in single mode and the TV2 output is in full 16:9 widescreen downrezzed to 480. Unfortunately, my TV is 4:3, so everything is squished unless I use the DISH remote to zoom, then it is cropped 4:3.

I haven't tried dual mode, which may limit the second TV to 4:3.
They do indeed operate differently. I just checked.

As said above, mine had the above normal operation in single mode.

I just tried it in dual mode and it doesn't work the way it does in single mode and the * mode button has limited functionality. As a matter of fact, * does nothing on an SD channel.

Only works correctly in single mode guys.

They do indeed operate differently. I just checked.

As said above, mine had the above normal operation in single mode.

I just tried it in dual mode and it doesn't work the way it does in single mode and the * mode button has limited functionality. As a matter of fact, * does nothing on an SD channel.

Only works correctly in single mode guys.

Exactly! I wish Dish could fix this so the recorded HD 16:9 shows have the correct aspect ratio on my 16x9 TV2 set. Not everyone's TV2 is 4:3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)