HD channels are intermittent on my 8300HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mleskowyak

Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
My HD channels TW Columbus, Ohio , particularly CNN, HLN and others sometimes do not come up at all or are loaded with intermittent picture w/lots of artifacts. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Mike

I'm in NC and having the exact same issue with our 3800. Most HD channels pixelate and get choppy sound almost everyday. Today for some reason 1 channel I tried was alright, but most of the time its just awful. I called them today and all I got was the 3800 CAN have that issue cause it's kinda old ... and that I could always go trade it in for a newer box. Plus we have internet through them and it just completely dies at least once a day and they dont even know why. Nothing has changed with our wiring or TV or anything of that setup so my hubby and I are at a total loss. Its getting old FAST though.

Likely it is not a box issue. I am getting the periodic choppiness on a new Samsung DVR as well, but only on certain channels. I believe it is an artifact of the switched digital video channels,

FWIW, I do not see the choppiness on a TIVO with a tuning adapter. If the choppiness is happening on the DVR, I usually get a message on the TIVO that the channel is unavailable.

I'm in NC and having the exact same issue with our 3800. Most HD channels pixelate and get choppy sound almost everyday. Today for some reason 1 channel I tried was alright, but most of the time its just awful. I called them today and all I got was the 3800 CAN have that issue cause it's kinda old ... and that I could always go trade it in for a newer box. Plus we have internet through them and it just completely dies at least once a day and they dont even know why. Nothing has changed with our wiring or TV or anything of that setup so my hubby and I are at a total loss. Its getting old FAST though.

Have a tech come out. Sounds like your signal levels are too low. They may need to make some adjustments at the pole, or depending on how many splits you have, give you an in home amp but it sounds like you definatley have a signal issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)