HD channels locking up...help

florinator

Original poster
May 24, 2006
I had a dish 1000 with a 211 receiver installed a couple weeks ago and most of the HD channels lock up. Discovery, ESPN, TNT work fine, but ES2HD doesn't work at all and the rest of the Voom channels lock up. The signal strength for sat. 129 is about 65. I'm in Chattanooga, TN. I had two techs come out, replaced the receiver, numerous phonecalls to dish, and still the same problem. No one seems to know how to get it working right. If anyone has any clue how I could get this to work please let me know. Thanks!

its the 129 sat, Dish network has had problems with this sat. from the get go, if that is the highest reading you can get off of 129 and you are having these problems, my advice would be either get a seperate dish and try to get 129, or 61.5.

The techs said the signal is strong enough for those channels to work right, and there's nothing in the line of sight. Would I have to buy a separate dish to get those channels working right?

what I would do, Is have the installer come back out and repeak your dish first, it sounds like teh signal strength is not near enough to recieve those channels. if you cant get a good enough signal from there, THen get a new (seperate dish). Just my two cents, but I will tell you this, read this forum and you will see the problems dish is having with 129 and low signal! by the way welcome to satguys!

65 is weak but strong enough IF it's relatively constant and the channels can stay locked. It sounds like you have momentary significant drops in the signal strength that may cause a loss of the locks. You can check the "Point Dish" screen, set it for 129, and watch the signal strengths for a bit to see if you notice any significant fluctuation. Check several transponders. (ESPN-HD is on TP2 on the 129 sat.)

The 61.5 sat is stronger and mirrors all the national HD and voom channels. You would need a separate dish and LNBF for that however (at your expense). That second dish could also be pointed to 129 for a comparison of before/after strengths. I agree with stuart628, however, you might be better off just pointing it at 61.5. I'm not sure where your HD locals will be coming from, if you will be subbing from E*. That may factor into your decision. Here's a useful resource for you:

http://www.dishchannelchart.com/ (Credit to TNGTony)

Welcome, BTW...

Well, I live in an apartment complex and I'm not allowed to do anything extra. So my best hope is to get a tech out here that knows how to do it right... It sucks when there's no competition... you're stuck with crappy service...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)