HD channels look terrible

4louie4 said:
I have hdmi connections that i bought for 8$ on ebay. I did my research when i bought the tv. I just dont know much about dishhd. I am going to get 4000 mhz coax cables and ajust the dish a bit for better signal. Something that the technician said he couldnt improve.

You may be able to get a small improvment from a better quality HDMI cable..

I know of a website with quality cables at low prices, but Im not sure if posting is allowed here..PM me if you want..

Either way, you are still going to see the classic Dish net problems on most channels, IMO..

That 1080p display of yours is going to show it more so than lesser displays..

Is there such a thing as better HDMI cables. Its a digital signal, a 8 dollar cable will look the same as a 300 dollar cable.
The other guys i know, one has direct tv and the other has dishhd and they look pretty good compared to mine. But both are 720p sets. I have to have the 1080p on movie mode to watch dishhd. anything higher it looks terrible.

4louie4 said:
Is there such a thing as better HDMI cables. Its a digital signal, a 8 dollar cable will look the same as a 300 dollar cable.
The other guys i know, one has direct tv and the other has dishhd and they look pretty good compared to mine. But both are 720p sets. I have to have the 1080p on movie mode to watch dishhd. anything higher it looks terrible.

I would say that the better HDMI cable issue is up for debate..

The HDMI cable that came with my HDDVD player certainly made me a believer in better HDMI cables. It was noticeably bad when compared to a better quality cable.. Im not talking about $300 cables though, Im talking about a quality cable in the $20.00 range, as opposed to the cheapest HDMI cable possible..

In reference to Mr Bombadil ---- NO, I don't want a million bad rez channels.

Just give me sports and I am perfectly happy. Me and many others think VOOM is a complete waste!!!!!!! Lets go with percentages here when we talk about how often we watch these channels. One movie on one channel every other week, compared to watching college and NFL football and other sporting events several times a week does not compare.

2 years ago, I was wowwed, and I did not change 1 thing with cables etc.... the quality has gotten gradually worse and keeps getting worse. thats my 2 cents and change. Just 1 opinion.

Does anyone know what rez and bandwidth Discover HD is now being broadcast in? Last night I recorder HD Traveler and it looked grainy and slightly out of focus although it used to have unbelieveable clarity.

Anyone else notice any changes?

I have three HD setups.

1) 50" Samsung DLP (720p)

2) 51" Sony CRT Rear projection (1080i)

3) 100" LCD front projection (720p)

I can see the difference on all three. I have CBS HD East and record many of the CBS primetime network shows.

Previously, I couldn't tell the difference between the sat CBS HD and my local OTA CBS HD. Now it's obvious, and I now record everything off the OTA channel.

The picture is noticably degraded since last years prime time shows ended and this new season started.

Over the summer I believe they reduced the res on CBS HD to 1440x1080 from 1920x1080. Whether it's bitrate or the resolution..... I don't care. It's soft and I don't like it. ANd the difference is obvious even on the 720p sets.

Other dish HD channels are less obvious to me (PQ wise) since I tend to watch them less often. but the CBS HD channel has been an eye opener for me on the "HD lite" issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts