Starz HD -- any improvement?

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
When Starz HD first debuted there were complaints about the PQ and wonder, for those still subscribing, is there any improvement? I was thinking of subscribing, but just wondering about the PQ first?

For me it comes and goes. Every now and then I'll flip by and it will be decent, but other times it will be it's normal self with ghosting all over the place. I generally don't bother with it because of that.

(Dang...nothing like a half-page Dish advertisement for a signature, huh?)

I made a big sacrifice and watched 10 minutes of "The Pacifier" tonight (my goodness, what a terrible movie). It looked okay, even in fast motion scenes. Now I didn't seen any motion with reds or oranges, or low contrast/dim lighting scenes. And the sharpness/resolution was mediocre. But I would expect many people would have thought the overall PQ was okay.

GeorgeLV said:
On 129 Starz HD is more tried an tested mpeg2 HD-lite now.

Not according to Dish Quality. I got a response from them and they say both 61.5 and 129 are Mpeg4. There are NO mpeg 2 versions of starzHD on Dish.

I have no idea what StarzHD is at as I took my own route and went C-Band with it, but I do know that your first mistake was asking Dish.

They have sworn to me their is no "faux" mpeg4 signals, including UHD and the Voom Channels - yet my captures show quite the contrary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts