HD channels moving in slow motion

smk08

Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
midwest
The HD channels on our vip722 are moving in slow motion this morning. This has happened before. Does anyone know how to fix?
Thanks

There are 2 ways that I know to fix this problem. The first is to reset the receiver (either by unplugging or from the front panel). A second easier way is to go into the receiver setup screen and change the output resolution from 1080i to something else (for example, 480p) and then change it back to 1080i (If you are using a different output resolution just change it to something else and then back to what you want). I find this is quicker than waiting for the receiver to reset.

The HD channels on our vip722 are moving in slow motion this morning. This has happened before. Does anyone know how to fix?
Thanks

I had the same problem last night a couple of times with my 722, both with a recorded movie and live TV. The audio was fine but the pic was juddering (that IS a word ain't it?:rolleyes:) along in slo mo. It seemed to be ok after awhile. I didn't wanna reboot because I was recording, and the recording seems to be fine. Go figger.............:confused:

Ed

I've had this happen as well with my 622. In my case, whenever you go to guide or menu or whatever uses the small TV window in the upper right, the window plays fine. Go back to full screen and you get the "juddering" slow motion effect.

This started happening on our 722 since last week. I just reboot the receiver but then have to wait for the 5 minutes it takes to get back the video. I'll try the guide trick and see if that helps.

If this continues, I'll be calling Tech Support. This is unacceptable for a $17.00 a month receiver. :D

I've had this happen as well with my 622. In my case, whenever you go to guide or menu or whatever uses the small TV window in the upper right, the window plays fine. Go back to full screen and you get the "juddering" slow motion effect.

I just started having the same thing. I don't know if it matters but what software do you have? I have L625. The guide trick worked for me.

I've had this happen in both 623 and 625. it played fine in the small screen in the guide also. I have my 722 set to single mode in the living room using component. and hdmi to a back room and it was happening only on the component output. I just change the channel and it goes back to normal.

Argh, so the software engineering group strikes again! Yes, this problem started with the latest update. I tried just changing the channel last night and it didn't work. I rebooted the receiver.

Guys, I do not think that the problem was introduced with L625. I have had this problem crop up occasionally with L623 and also with the version before that. For me, switching the output resolution from 1080i to something else and then back to 1080i again seems to work the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)