HD Channels Moving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Does the satellite from which SOME HD channels (HD-NET, ESPN-HD, etc.) come off of vary or change?

I've been away on vacation and now can't get a signal from certain HD channels but could 2-3 weeks ago. I do get all the network HD channels though and Dicovery-HD as an example. :no

The new satellites and larger dish size can't come soon enough for me!

I failed to mention that I had been getting bad reception off SAT C all along and my theory is that the channels in question have moved to that satellite.

HD Channels Moving

I noticed on Sunday night when I got back home that I had not HD channels as well. I have the H10 receiver and when I went to system setup, I noticed that there was a software upgrade done on 8/9. Seemed like this reset the box to the factory defaults. Once I reconfigured the receiver and input all the required information (dish type, zip code, etc) everything started back working, and all my HD channels were back.

Benji

If you lose all your HD channels on a H10 receiver, then resetting the receiver to its factory presets (I think it's labeled "Reset Everything") is the way to go. If you've lost all your HD channels except Discovery HD, or if any other HD box is involved, then it is due to the channel migration to the 110 sat. It may be that your LNB for sat C is weak or bad, or that the receiver is set to the oval 2 sat dish.

We need more info to help...is your dish a phase 2 oval with the sat. C lnb added,
or the phase 3 with 3 lnb's and built in Multi-switch? If you have the oval with added(middle) lnb, then if that lnb is bad, you could replace it( it is a special freq. so a regular replacement lnb will not work).. http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=SASATC&xzoom=zoom#xview
What msg are you getting on the channel 494 C sat. test channel?
Have you tried resetting your receiver?(unplug-wait-replug)?
I had a similar experience as you..turned out to be a bad "C" LNB...

Phase 3 with 3 LBNs w/ built in multiswitch

On channel 494 I am getting, " TEST 5 SAT C(110) Even Txp 18V" in the lower left corner.

Thanks.

SpySatellite said:
Phase 3 with 3 LBNs w/ built in multiswitch

On channel 494 I am getting, " TEST 5 SAT C(110) Even Txp 18V" in the lower left corner.

Thanks.
---------
That is the msg. you should be seeing.."searching for sat. signal" would indicate a problem. What kind of signal strength do you get on the 110 sat?
Did you try unplug-replug power cord?

SpySatellite said:
Does the satellite from which SOME HD channels (HD-NET, ESPN-HD, etc.) come off of vary or change?

I've been away on vacation and now can't get a signal from certain HD channels but could 2-3 weeks ago. I do get all the network HD channels though and Dicovery-HD as an example. :no

The new satellites and larger dish size can't come soon enough for me!

And don't forget the higher prices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts