HD channels on 129

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
All,
Is it possible to get all of the HD channels from 129? I live in Des Moines, IA and get internationals and some HD from 61.5, 129 and 110. Is it possible to get all of my HD from 129 only? Which ones are not on 129? Is it possible for me to force my receiver to get HD channels from 129 instead of 61.5 in cases when it is on both.

-Hemant

The List

All,
Is it possible to get all of the HD channels from 129? I live in Des Moines, IA and get internationals and some HD from 61.5, 129 and 110. Is it possible to get all of my HD from 129 only? Which ones are not on 129? Is it possible for me to force my receiver to get HD channels from 129 instead of 61.5 in cases when it is on both.

-Hemant

Look for tab that says "The List!". The go to Dish Network subscription list. Find the sat and then you can see what HD is on that bird.

To force 129 remove the cable from 61.5. There is no other way to force individual or even all available from one or the other. In theory, they would pick by channel, but not today, I think. I found I had one 722 using 129 and the other (possibly the 622) using the other, at the same time from the same dish.

I was having a problem with 61.5--it would stop recording HD on both 722s at 4:12 AM MST/MDT. Others reported Central time it happened at 5:12 and Eastern at 6:12, so it was a satellite problem.

61.5 used to be more reliable than the bad 129 and had some channels that 129 did not--no more. One advantage was the 61.5 was nearly vertical for me--no snow sticking problem.
-Ken

To force 129 remove the cable from 61.5. There is no other way to force individual or even all available from one or the other. In theory, they would pick by channel, but not today, I think. I found I had one 722 using 129 and the other (possibly the 622) using the other, at the same time from the same dish.

I was having a problem with 61.5--it would stop recording HD on both 722s at 4:12 AM MST/MDT. Others reported Central time it happened at 5:12 and Eastern at 6:12, so it was a satellite problem.

61.5 used to be more reliable than the bad 129 and had some channels that 129 did not--no more. One advantage was the 61.5 was nearly vertical for me--no snow sticking problem.
-Ken

That's what I was afraid of. I can't disconnect the 61.5 cable, since I am getting internationals there. Maybe they will have a feature soon that will allow one to select the satellites you want to watch the channel from. I am not sure, but I have seen cases where one day I will see a channel coming from 61.5 and the same channel from 129 another day. Is this possible or is it my imagination?

That's what I was afraid of. I can't disconnect the 61.5 cable, since I am getting internationals there. Maybe they will have a feature soon that will allow one to select the satellites you want to watch the channel from. I am not sure, but I have seen cases where one day I will see a channel coming from 61.5 and the same channel from 129 another day. Is this possible or is it my imagination?

Not your imagination.

Do I see it as an upcoming feature? No. Most setups do not need this.

And no you aren't seeing things. Sometimes the table loads in differently than the time before that so it kinda flip flops back and forth since the channel can come from either satellite. I imagine the receiver has unique slots for each channel number on where it gets the video stream from. So basically the table comes in 61.5 gets loaded first filing some slots on the table in the receiver. Then 129 comes along and overwrites some of the slots that 61.5 filled in. Then next time the 129 table might get loaded first then 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts