HD difference between Gold and Platnium pack

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
What two channels do I get extra if I am order the platnuim package vs Gold?

I could not find the info on dishnet. I hope its not espn2!

thanks

-d

No, it is HBO and showtime HD, I read it somewhere, just cant remember where, probably somewhere on dish networks site.

The Platinum package includes all four SD movie tiers - HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz. It also includes these tiers HD channels that are carried by Dish. At present this is only HBO and Showtime. There is a good chance that Dish will be adding Starz HD at some point this year and if you are a Platinum subscriber, it will be automatically added to your channels.

Note that the HD Pack is discounted in the Platinum package. You are only charged $15/month over the AEP SD-only package. The other metallic packages add $20/month for HD.

ok, i have a question what if i purchase Gold with HBO/Cinemax pack. Do I still get HBO HD or it only comes with Platinum?

If you sub to a movie pack that has an HD channel and you have subbed to the new metallic packs, you get the movie packs HD channel also.

Elloco, also remember that with the platinum pack, they waive the $5.98 DVR fee. So keep that in mind if you have a DVR

wow you guys respond fast. :)

Thanks, I already have the All everything pack + HD, so I might as well convert to platinum once i get my 622 receiver. I also have another 522 receiver in my office, which I hardly use. I guess I need to call to get the actual pricing I would be spending each month. Thanks guys, this is a great site!

Yeah, if you have a 522 and a 622 on your account the DVR fees will be $11.96 a month for no real reason other than dish can do it (but let's not start that discussion again), the platinum pack will wavie that fee.

As for the latino platinum, I have never dealt with the latino packs, but I would have to believe the platinum pack for latino packages would waive the fee also.

The thing that always irked me about the latino packs was they inlcuded Playboy starting at a certain level. Why only latino packs?

Edit:

Got this off the dish website: (notice they don't mention the 921 or 942 anymore, but they pay the fee too)

DISH Network DVR Service Fee: a non-refundable $5.98 per month DISH Network DVR service fee will be charged to your account for each model 510, 522, 625, or ViP622 DVR receiver activated. This fee will be waived if you subscribe to either America’s “Everything” Pak, DishHD Platinum, Latino “Everything” Pak or DishLATINO HD Platinum

Last edited:
SatinKzo Thanks for the info. Sounds good.

I can't find it on the Dishnet site or maybe I'm not looking good enough but what is the difference between the Dishlatino platinum and Dish platinum. I wish there was a chart or grid that compares the packages and tells you what each package has and which ones it doesnt.

WJMorales are you Peruvian?? hehe Yo soy peruano y mi apellido es morales tambien haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts