HD Dish Antenna - what will DISH charge

netdecal

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Grand Junction CO
I'm an existing DISH customer and am looking to buy my own HD receiver. I am also currently paying the $6 monthly service contract. When an installer comes out to hook up the reciever will DISH be willing to provide the DISH 1000 antenna or will I need to buy that also? (or commit to a 2 year contract?)

I'm an existing DISH customer and am looking to buy my own HD receiver. I am also currently paying the $6 monthly service contract. When an installer comes out to hook up the reciever will DISH be willing to provide the DISH 1000 antenna or will I need to buy that also? (or commit to a 2 year contract?)

Usually you can either pay $100 or so with no commitment or pay nothing with the antenna installed by E* with a 24-month commitment. There's no real advantage to buying the antenna yourself as it'll cost nearly the cost of an install. They nearly always impose a tech visit for a first time HD install regardess if you lease or own the receiver. Some have been able to do their own installs without a tech visit, but it's rare these days. You do understand you'll pay the same monthly fees whether you own your receiver or lease on from E*?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)