HD dish requirement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bonifacio

Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
I have an existing 36" dish (for intl channels). If I wan't to get HD channels do I need a separate dish? I know I will need an HD receiver. I'm from Houston,TX.

bonifacio said:
I have an existing 36" dish (for intl channels). If I wan't to get HD channels do I need a separate dish? I know I will need an HD receiver. I'm from Houston,TX.
If your dish can access the 110° and 119° orbital slots, you can get the current lineup of D* HD channels.

bonifacio said:

The 95W dish will only get you the 95W signal.

Houston now has HD locals being broadcast off the recently launched Spaceway sats. These are broadcast in MPEG4 and require a special dish to receive. From all reports on this board, it is not a DIY job - call an installer. Note - the Spaceway sats use relativley narrow spot beams to deliver signals only to their intended markets. ("Movers" take note.)

If you don't want Houston locals via DirecTV. You can add a Phase III dish youself, assuming you are relatively handy. You will also need a special 6x8 multiswitch. The four lines off the Phase III dish go into the first four ports and the line from the 95W sat goes into Flex Port 1. Again, you may wish to take the professional installer route.

Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Info Please.......MPEG4

resolution question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts