HD distant or local networks not available here

jdennis61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Why is it they are offering HD distant networks in some areas and not in other areas? They turned me down but have not launched our local HD channels so we can't get either one except with an off air antenna and that is not always reliable with the towers 40 to 60 miles away so we experience a lot of signal drop outs. Very frustrating. What are they holding out for?
Jeff

Why is it they are offering HD distant networks in some areas and not in other areas? They turned me down but have not launched our local HD channels so we can't get either one except with an off air antenna and that is not always reliable with the towers 40 to 60 miles away so we experience a lot of signal drop outs. Very frustrating. What are they holding out for?
Jeff
By "they" do you mean Dish or All America Direct? Your post doesn't indicate where you live so we can't double check the All America Direct database. They give me the, excuse me, they allow me to pay for all 4 networks in HD out of Chicago. So far the HD is great.

There are different laws that affect local channels and distant channels and they are not connected in any way.

Dish Network does not offer distant networks. They lease transponder space to a company called all american direct that provides distant networks.

I'm from southern Illinois about half way between St. Louis and Nashville and our locals are scattered betweeen 3 different citys between 10 and 50 miles away. They're excuse is since I can get SD locals thay can't get offer HD distant networks. If some people can't get HD distant HD networks they should not offer them to anybody is the way I see it.
Jeff

LOL! If I can't have it, no one can? That's funny! Paducah, KY TV market it is then.

According to FEDERAL LAW, your local channels come from ONE market no matter what you can pick up from your antenna. Dish can only offer you local channels from that one market PERIOD. Dish Network is barred by Federal court injunction from offering distant networks.

Contact All American Direct (not Dish) about distant networks. https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/
Again, by FEDERAL LAW the company has to qualify you for service.

The laws for distant networks are different and totally unconnected to locals so there are some places where you can have both locals and distants, there are other places you can have one, the other or neither!

illinois.gif

OP:
If you live in zip 62947, All America can furnish you Fox HD out of Chicago.
IF Dish can furnish you SD but not HD yet, you might wish to check with DirecTV. They have had HD up and running long before Dish in that part of the country. In Arkansas and Missouri Dish is running behind in a lot of areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts