HD duo 222 receiver, getting signal to second room?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pauly814

Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hello,
I am going to have the 222 installed soon. It has both an HD tuner and a SD tuner. My question is how does dish get the signal to the second SD TV?...will they run cable?...or is there a way they do it wireless now?

thanks

Setup is HD tv and receiver will be within feet of each other.
Second tv, that will get the SD signal will be on second floor on other side of the house.

It will be a coax and I don't know how far or difficult they will make a run. Always have installed my own so I don't know how much trouble an installer will go to.

If the house already has cable run for cable TV, they will just back-feed the tuner 2 into that system and you can plug in a TV anywhere there is a cable outlet.

There is no cable for cable tv in the house.

I want to run the HD signal (Signal A) to my hd tv, that is real close to the receiver and also split it off and run it to one or two other tv's, so I can watch that signal in my room when we are not in the family room.

Signal B I just want to go to a separate tv.

Yep, so the installer (or you) will need to run coax to the required TV 2 location. I have a 222 and a 722 and they both feed 2nd TVs in this manner, works great. As for splitting the TV 1 HD signal I haven't done that....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)