HD DuoDVR Receiver - Two Prices, One Receiver

Well my upgrade to a DVR arrived promptly 2 days after I ordered it. The DVR they sent me is a 722 as I had requested. It is also a remanufactured unit with some minor scuffs on the casing. With limited usage, it does appear to operate properly, so my immediate concerns about a remanufactured unit (someone else's problem unit returned to Dish) have been allayed for now.

I don't see where the size (GBs) of the HDD is listed anywhere on the box or other paperwork. The DVR setup information says it can hold 55 hours of HD programming. So, what size HDD is in my 722? Just curious.

Now that I have a Dish HD DVR connected to my 3 month old 1080p HDTV, I was wondering whether Dish is still offering the 1080p movie downloads. Are they? Where do I go to find out about them? Do they download to the DVR via the DBS connection or is this one of those things where you have to establish an internet hookup (PITA)?

BTW, the ATSC tuner in the 722 seems a little more sensitive (picks up weaker channels better) than did the ATSC tuner in my Dish ViP211.

All in all, I'm happy so far with the upgrade, but I'm hoping the 1 cent Cinemax offer actually gets implemented on my billing (i.e., I've had Cinemax for years and I've been paperless and autopay for years, so I was very surprised that the CSR said I could still take advantage of the 1 cent Cinemax for a year offer).

All in all, I'm happy so far with the upgrade, but I'm hoping the 1 cent Cinemax offer actually gets implemented on my billing (i.e., I've had Cinemax for years and I've been paperless and autopay for years, so I was very surprised that the CSR said I could still take advantage of the 1 cent Cinemax for a year offer).
Go to your account on the Dish website and check your programming details. It should show whether or not it is in effect. The HD size is 500gb. I don't do the 1080p movies.

Go to your account on the Dish website and check your programming details. It should show whether or not it is in effect. The HD size is 500gb. I don't do the 1080p movies.

Thanks. Yes, the Programming information for my account is already showing 1-year Cinemax for a penny with AutoPay participation.

500 GBs, that's decent.

I still haven't figured out the 1080p VOD movie thing and the information on the Dish Network site is as confusing for it as is the information regarding receiver upgrades.

Anyway, I've noted the downside to adding the ViP722 receiver in place of my ViP211, and that is power consumption. My power center allows for an amp readout and I've noted that when powered up and with everything powered down, the system is drawing 0.2 amps to 0.3 amps (it varies, but is usually 0.2 amps) more power. That translates into about a 24 watt increase in continuous power draw or over 17 kwH additional on my monthly utility bill. Guess I'll have to find some other place to cut power usage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)