HD DuoDVR Receiver - Two Prices, One Receiver

Well, I sympathize with the OP because these new names are hard to decipher. Can anybody sort them out without resorting to the original model numbers? Does "enhanced" give you a 625 instead of a 522, or rather a 722 instead of a 622? Or maybe a 722k rather than a 722?

How many times do you have to be told that 625 is not an HD DVR and not part of the DIU offer??? The 622 definitely still exits and is the receiver de jour for a current special customer HD upgrade. As Foghorn Leghorn would say, "Listen to us when we're talkin' to you boy.";)

I didn't say the 625 was an HD DVR, what I said was it is the only other DVR listed on Dish's site for DVRs that has the "Duo" designation in front of it. You may think the 622 is available, just like I think the 722 should be available, but neither is listed by Dish as a current DVR.

Problem is, he thinks the 625 is. Go back a few threads.

No, read my post prior to yours here. I simply said that the 625 is the only other DVR that Dish lists with the term DuoDVR. Please read closely before replying snidely.

$50-100 your Getting a 622 Depends on account status
$75-125 your getting a 722. Depends on account status
You can't place these orders online anyhow, so call Dish and ask them what's available to you.

Fine, again you guys are telling me I'll get one of two DVRs that are no longer listed as available Dish DVRs and you don't seem to understand the problem with that. I'll be calling Dish, but based on years of experience with them via phone, things seldom come out the way they are discussed on the phone. I was just trying to avoid a hassle with Dish, but I'm getting my hassle here.

Can anybody sort them out without resorting to the original model numbers? Does "enhanced" give you a 625 instead of a 522, or rather a 722 instead of a 622? Or maybe a 722k rather than a 722?

Precisely. The Dish-It-Up offers refer to HD DuoDVRs and Enhanced HD DuoDVRs, but the "Enhanced" terminology isn't used when you look at the DVRs Dish currently offers. They refer to DuoDVRs, but then everything is by model number and the only HD DuoDVR listed is labeled a 722. However, when you look at the description of features for that 722, it is clearly a 722k. There is a major disconnect on the Dish site, which, if taken literally would mean that the only HD DuoDVR currently available from Dish is the 722k.

Those that are so sure that the 622 and 722 are the ones being supplied by Dish, where is the link to that information or simply state that you are a Dish retailer and that is what Dish tells you to install under the HD DuoDVR and HD Enchanced DuoDVR designations.

Precisely. The Dish-It-Up offers refer to HD DuoDVRs and Enhanced HD DuoDVRs, but the "Enhanced" terminology isn't used when you look at the DVRs Dish currently offers. They refer to DuoDVRs, but then everything is by model number and the only HD DuoDVR listed is labeled a 722. However, when you look at the description of features for that 722, it is clearly a 722k. There is a major disconnect on the Dish site, which, if taken literally would mean that the only HD DuoDVR currently available from Dish is the 722k.

Those that are so sure that the 622 and 722 are the ones being supplied by Dish, where is the link to that information or simply state that you are a Dish retailer and that is what Dish tells you to install under the HD DuoDVR and HD Enchanced DuoDVR designations.
Post what your account says under Dishn it up offers. Just copy and paste. I don't have any SD equipment offers under my account at all,

HD DVR
Two Rooms of Service (or "Picture in Picture" for 1 TV)

Award Winning HD DVRs!

High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

Enhanced High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$125 Installed
$75 Shipped

One Room of Service

High Definition Solo DVR Receiver
$75 Installed
Shipped HD DVRs subject to certain restrictions

HD Receivers

High Definition Duo Receiver
$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

One Room of Service

High Definition Solo Receiver
$75 Installed
$25 Shipped

Post what your account says under Dishn it up offers. Just copy and paste. I don't have any SD equipment offers under my account at all,

HD DVR

Award Winning HD DVRs!

High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

Enhanced High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$125 Installed
$75 Shipped

One Room of Service

High Definition Solo DVR Receiver
$75 Installed

HD Receivers

High Definition Duo Receiver
$100 Installed
$50 Shipped

One Room of Service

High Definition Solo Receiver
$75 Installed
$25 Shipped

I also don't have any SD equipment offers under my account as I've been an HD customer for 6 years. I didn't say I had an SD offer, I said the only DVRs that Dish lists under Receivers - DVR Receivers off their home page includes only one HD DuoDVR and its description tracks to the 722k. My offer sheet looks like what you posted above, so if the 722k is the only HD DuoDVR that Dish is currently listing on their home page, then why are there two HD DuoDVRs listed in the offer.

Anyway, I'm calling Dish today to see what they say, but I hate committing anything with Dish based on a phone conversation without documentation at the time because they've made some error every time I've done that with them over the years. But, since there isn't any written record they just fall back on "you heard incorrectly" or "the CSR misunderstood your request".

I also don't have any SD equipment offers under my account as I've been an HD customer for 6 years. I didn't say I had an SD offer, I said the only DVRs that Dish lists under Receivers - DVR Receivers off their home page includes only one HD DuoDVR and its description tracks to the 722k. My offer sheet looks like what you posted above, so if the 722k is the only HD DuoDVR that Dish is currently listing on their home page, then why are there two HD DuoDVRs listed in the offer.

Anyway, I'm calling Dish today to see what they say, but I hate committing anything with Dish based on a phone conversation without documentation at the time because they've made some error every time I've done that with them over the years. But, since there isn't any written record they just fall back on "you heard incorrectly" or "the CSR misunderstood your request".

You did not follow Hemi's links. If you go to Receivers/HD Receivers, you'll see a 722 (NOT a K) as big as life. Why it's in receivers and not DVRs, I don't know. BUT, you keep saying it's nowhere to be found. Now you know better.
HD Satellite Receiver & HD DVR Receiver at DISH Network
Like I (and others) said in an earlier post, they have a ton of refurbished (maybe I did not say refurbished earlier) 622's they are trying to move. Those are the $50.00 ones.

Last edited:
Carl-For whatever it might be worth, I understood what you were saying from the begining. You NEVER said anything about what units were listed under DIU, only what units were shown under receivers. I noticed exactly the same thing and wondered what receiver one might get by doing a DIU. I've got a 622 & 722 and thought about swapping the 622 if "Enhanced" HD DVR meant the 722K. I experienced the same confusion as you when I looked under HD Receivers/DVR Receivers.:confused: Seems to me some folks are all to ready to jump on someone before comprehending WTH they're saying (typing?).:rolleyes:
Good luck and let us know what happens if you do the DIU roulette.;)

Ed

Te 625 is not HD. The difference between the 722 & the 722K is that the K has 2 OTA tuners while the 722 has one.
The 722k has NO OTA tuners. You have to buy the OTA module at extra cost to get those tuners. The 722k was built to cut costs, as not everyone will take the OTA module.

You did not follow Hemi's links. If you go to Receivers/HD Receivers, you'll see a 722 (NOT a K) as big as life. Why it's in receivers and not DVRs, I don't know. BUT, you keep saying it's nowhere to be found. Now you know better.
HD Satellite Receiver & HD DVR Receiver at DISH Network
Like I (and others) said in an earlier post, they have a ton of refurbished (maybe I did not say refurbished earlier) 622's they are trying to move. Those are the $50.00 ones.

Ah contraire, if you click on that 722 and look at the description, it is a 722 that requires an additional OTA DTV module, thus it is a 722k and not a 722. And I stated this fact previously.

Carl-For whatever it might be worth, I understood what you were saying from the begining. You NEVER said anything about what units were listed under DIU, only what units were shown under receivers. I noticed exactly the same thing and wondered what receiver one might get by doing a DIU. I've got a 622 & 722 and thought about swapping the 622 if "Enhanced" HD DVR meant the 722K. I experienced the same confusion as you when I looked under HD Receivers/DVR Receivers.:confused: Seems to me some folks are all to ready to jump on someone before comprehending WTH they're saying (typing?).:rolleyes:
Good luck and let us know what happens if you do the DIU roulette.;)

Ed

Actually my original first post was where I stated the language Dish used in the upgrade offer on my account, though I didn't say the on-line account offer was called DIU (are there any other on-line offers available to subs besides DIU?). But, thanks for sharing my confusion. I suspect Dish has a lot of returns and reconditioned DVRs (phased out models) that they could be offering, though that isn't too encouraging as to what the quality of the DVR one gets could be. Maybe there is just some closeout stock of "new" phased out models, which would be fine with me. I'll post what happens when I contact Dish.

Well after talking to the CSR in Mumbai I'm told that, yes the $50 shipped receiver is a 622, but the $75 shipped receiver can be either a 722 or a 722k. I asked for the 722 and she said that is what she was putting on the order. We shall see what arrives in 7 to 10 business days. If it is the 722 I asked for, then the next issue will be whether it is in fact "new" or otherwise. Note, based on past experience, I'm never confident that what I set up with the CSR is what will happen and I'm less confident when I can barely understand the CSR I'm talking to. Here's hoping that this transaction will be the good exception to the rule.

BTW, even though I subscribe to Cinemax and have had paperless billing and auto-pay for a long time, the CSR said she would give me Cinemax for 1 cent for a year anyway and reduce my bill about $10 accordingly. Hope this happens also, as it will offset some of the expenditure for the DVR and the DVR fees.

Check out this Dish page:

DISH Network - Receivers - 1.888.825.2557

BTW, I edited my previous post to make it clearer what I was trying to communicate.

Over-the-Air Module Details

The Over-the-Air module currently works with the DuoDVR™ ViP® 722 (coming soon) and the Duo ViP® 222k HD satellite receivers.
They erred not putting the K after the 722

The receivers below already have an Over-the-Air module installed: Another misnomer. Built in tuners, not modules.

Duo ViP® 211 HD receiver
Duo ViP® 211k HD receiver No. Another error
Duo ViP® 222 HD receiver
Solo DVR ViP® 612 HD DVR
DuoDVR™ ViP® 622 HD DVR
DuoDVR™ ViP® 722 HD DVR

It might have been better to make the 722 DIU request via online chat so as to have a record of being promised a 722 and not a 722K. Personally, I'd take the 722K and pay the extra $30 just to have two OTA tuners instead of the single one integrated in the 722.

It might have been better to make the 722 DIU request via online chat so as to have a record of being promised a 722 and not a 722K. Personally, I'd take the 722K and pay the extra $30 just to have two OTA tuners instead of the single one integrated in the 722.

Don't know what I'd do with 2 OTA tuners as I already have Dish local HD and an onboard OTA tuner in my new HDTV. So that is 3 sources of OTA available channels, 2 of which could be copied to the DVR while I watch the third. We've done w/o a DVR for 10 years and we were fine with just using my DVD recorder to catch the few series we watched regularly. But, the DVDR is such a hassle to use and can't record in HD, so I convinced the household money manager to move to a DVR. She liked the idea (saw a Comcast DVR at her friend's house and was impressed), but I needed to keep costs to a minimum to keep her happy.

OTOH, the 722k w/ an OTA module probably gets you a newer ATSC tuner than is integral to the 722, but I'm only 10 miles from the mountain broadcasts of all my local OTA stations, so even the oldest tuners work adequately.

BTW, the DVR is sort of my birthday present even though it won't be here tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)