HD DVD Release List

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
This was posted by bdhart at AVS-

hdlistbb.jpg

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 162
teamerickson said:
Rundown, Gilmore, Firewall, Perfect and Constantine are wrong. I hope the others are correct.

Firewall, Perfect and Constantine are not wrong, they came out today.

I hope Constantine and Batman Begins are well done like Van Helsing. Id consider buying them. King Kong would rock on HD DVD if they ever put it out.

vurbano said:
I hope Constantine and Batman Begins are well done like Van Helsing. Id consider buying them. King Kong would rock on HD DVD if they ever put it out.
I think VH and Serenity have looked the best so far. Call me crazy, but I actually liked VH as a movie.:eek:
Watched Constantine last night for the whole 06-06-06 effect. I survived. :D

Last edited:
does that chart really say movies that cost $5 are being sold for $24.99 ?

Somehow I doubt blu-rays robo cop and terminator will be in true HD as they were filmed a decade before HDTV was even dreamed of.

VIPERS-PIT said:
Somehow I doubt blu-rays robo cop and terminator will be in true HD as they were filmed a decade before HDTV was even dreamed of.
Movies are shot on a 35-mm film which has much higher resolution than HD. It all depends on the quality of transfer.

teamerickson said:
I think VH and Serenity have looked the best so far. Call me crazy, but I actually liked VH as a movie.:eek:
I loved it. I could watch Kate Beckinsale pick her toes and like it.

Where is the best place to buy discs?

Would you recommend Amazon, or Hastings, or Best Buy, or ?? Is there some internet based company that has most HD-DVD titles and sells them for a decent price? Seems like Amazon is pretty good. My player comes Wednesday!
Thanks!

Best Buy is most expensive, but they do get all titles on release day. This is your best choice if you must have new releases each Tuesday.
Circuit City has HD DVD titles too, but they are hard do find - mixed with all other DVDs.
Walmart has better prices, but only few stores actually have HD DVDs.
If you can wait a day or two Amazon will give you a great price.
Or you can rent from NetFlix for the same monthly fee as standard DVDs.

I used to buy them at BB, but after the first couple weeks and the novelty wore off I started to use Amazon.com. They have a coupon code for 10% off all HD-DVDs and Blu-Ray DVDs.

Purchase any qualifying item(s) from our High-Definition Store now, and within 72 hours you will be enrolled to save 10% on all HD DVD and Blu-ray disc purchases for one year from the date of your qualifying order (total value limited to $5,000 in total purchases or $500 in total discounts).

If you have already purchased or pre-ordered a qualifying item, then you have been pre-qualified for this offer and you should already see the discount automatically applied to your order or pre-order of any high-definition DVD.

Qualifying items include the following:

Any high-definition television (HDTV)
Any HD DVD player: see the Toshiba HD-A1 and the Toshiba HD-XA1
Any Blu-ray disc player: see the Sony BDP-S1
Three high-definition DVDs purchased in one order: specifically, HD DVDs and Blu-ray discs

Any high definition DVDs purchased in the same order as the qualifying item(s) will also receive the 10% discount (including the three HD DVD or Blu-ray discs purchased to qualify for the promotion). In order for the discount to take affect on the discs you are purchasing with your qualifying order, you will need to use the following claim codes upon checkout:

If you are purchasing an HDTV, or an HD DVD or Blu-ray disc player, your claim code is: HIGHDEF1
If you are purchasing three HD DVDs and/or three Blu-ray disc DVDs, your claim code is: HDDISC10

Please allow up to 72 hours after the date of your qualifying purchase to be enrolled in the promotion to receive a 10% discount on your subsequent HD DVD or Blu-ray disc purchases for the next year. Once your discount becomes active, we will send you a confirmation e-mail.

They are already discounting the discs from the MSRP, this code gives you 10% more off, and if you sign up for "Prime" you get free 2day shipping on everything (or $3.99 for overnight).

I just search amazon for "HD DVD" with quotes around it and click on DVD and sort by release date to get a pretty list in order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)