HD DVR - Any Update on Release Date?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jace

Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Has anyone heard an update on when the new HD DVR's will be released?

No specific date; still going by the original planned release of the end of summer 2006. So that could be Sept 2006.

And the last date I heard (2 weeks ago) from Directv was fall, which obviously could translate into December 2006. Ugh.

Jace said:
Has anyone heard an update on when the new HD DVR's will be released?

Release date has been pushed back towards the end of the yr according to level 2 support. Then again, this fellow was unaware of the 3lnb dish replacement(this summer) for the current 5lnb.:eek:

Is it worth staying with the H20 or go with HR10-150?? I really miss my DVR.

Jace said:
Is it worth staying with the H20 or go with HR10-150?? I really miss my DVR.

Although we do not particularly like D*'s HD Lite, we were early adopters of the HR10-250 and it has performed perfectly for us from day one. Our local HD over the air reception with it is excellent and the TiVo software is really hard to beat. No bugs, nothing really to complain about except that the menu and "thinking" pattern on it is slow when you are programming.

If you do not need to get HD locals rebroadcast through D*, I'm sure MPEG 2 would last plenty long enough to make you glad you got the HR10-250. If you just have to have HD locals rebroadcast, I'd probably wait.

While others watch an empty vaporware screen and are breathless with hysterical speculation and rumor about which year or century the new receiver will be released in, we happily watch and record good HD every night with TiVo software my wife can use.

Pays your money and takes your chances. I really would be unhappy if you took away my ability to record and watch HD locals and D* Nationals for even one day. I absolutely would not give that up to wait for vaporware with an uncertain release date, uncertain functionality, additional cost and service commitment and forever loss of our beloved TiVo programming.

Last edited:
My TiVo HD DVR hard disk crapped out yesterday and advanced tech support told me it would be before NFL started. Also said Miami/Ft Lauderdale would be June. )(2006).

Yep Miami/FTL shown already on the list posted:

Area Locals start to broadcast

Atlanta November 22, 2005
Milwaukee May 2006
Baltimore June 2006
Minneapolis April 19, 2006
Birmingham April 19, 2006
Nashville April 19, 2006
Boston December 8, 2005
New York since 2003
Charlotte June 2006
Orlando June 2006
Chicago November 22, 2005
Philadelphia November 22, 2005
Cleveland June 2006
Phoenix May 2006
Columbus- not CBS April 19, 2006
Pittsburgh April 19, 2006
Dallas- not ABC December 8, 2005
Raleigh J June 2006
Denver June 2006
Sacramento- not FOX April 19, 2006
Detroit October 20, 2005
St. Louis May 2006
Fresno May 2006
Salt Lake City May 2006
Hartford June 2006
San Antonio June 2006
Houston- not CBS December 8, 2005
San Diego- not CBS, FOX April 19, 2006
Indianapolis June 2006
San Francisco November 22, 2005
Kansas City April 19, 2006
Seattle June 2006
Los Angeles since 2003
Tampa. December 8, 2005
Miami - Ft Lauderdale June 2006
Washington, D.C. December 8, 2005
W. Palm Beach June 2006

Just in case my post wasn't clear, the rep told me the new DVR would be out before NFL season started. He mentioned July.

They were showing it at the SatelliteExpo, however with that said they didnt have any idea on the date eaiter under then "hopefully by the holidays"

Ok, but did anything change in regards to the software that is running the new mpeg-4 dvr? I mean, what with Tivo winning the 1st round against Dish. I know that Direct has extended the contract for an additional 3 years, but I am pretty sure that was only for existing equipment. Or was it? (by the way...happy skin day to me :))

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)