HD DVR - Any Update on Release Date?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anybody know why Directv isn't broadcasting FOX in Sacramento. Is it because station is UHF? Sorry if it's a dumb question. Just entering the HDTV arena (this week).

Thanks Directv for offering the 3 months free programming for new HD systems 2 days after I signed up.

Jeez, I was reading the thread because Iweas getting to pull the trigger on a HDDVR at $499 (lease) and wanted to get info on timing of purchase. I'll try to post questions in appropriate forum.

Lots to learn, which can be fun. Paying for expensive mistakes does suck.

Mark

marklewis said:
Does anybody know why Directv isn't broadcasting FOX in Sacramento. Is it because station is UHF? Sorry if it's a dumb question. Just entering the HDTV arena (this week).

Thanks Directv for offering the 3 months free programming for new HD systems 2 days after I signed up.

If you can provide us where u live at, we can help you with that problem

as for the Directv free 3 months of HD programming, Everyone gets that at signup ;)

Apparently the agreement between the local fox station and DirecTV is not completed. I talked to the station manager right after the MPEG-4 stations went live, and she stated that the agreement is being worked on. She expected it to be completed in about 2 weeks - which would be this week.

I bet most people here would wait for the MPEG-4 DVR if they knew it was being tested, and retested, and retested, etc... so that it doesn't become the R15 part 2. I for one will gladly wait a few months after the "projected" release date just knowing that the DVR isn't released too early and it has the same/more/other bugs as the R15. I think D* is going to be a lot more careful with this than the R15.

Beavis:

I can virtually guarantee that any delay in the HR20 is not because of testing.
It will have same/more/other bugs.

Yecch.

Now - I will say that Scott's photo's from the expo looked to be a "release" version, or very close to it. So, we can all hope for soon!

fkostyn - that was what we thought after ces 2006 and ces 2005.... They have had a mock up like that for a while.. the one difference is you can see a "pace sticker" on the photos scott provided.. pace if I remeber correctly provides software for some cable dvr's - of course I may be wrong - but you never know.. just like the hd dvr is a big mystery!

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I remember seeing somewhere that LG would make HD receivers for D*, including a HD-DVR. I think this was announced few months ago by LG. We are not talking about the LG unit, are we?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts