This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hd Dvr Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Does Direct TV have a HD DVR that supports 2 tv's?
One HD and 1 SD tv

I looked on their site but didn't see anything about supporting 2 tv's.....maybe I missed it.

Does Direct TV have a HD DVR that supports 2 tv's?
One HD and 1 SD tv

I looked on their site but didn't see anything about supporting 2 tv's.....maybe I missed it.
All of the outputs on the HR20 HD DVR are active, so you can easily have 2 or more tv's on 1 receiver. I'm currently using the HDMI output for my HD tv, and the S-video output for my smaller tv. Page 15 of the HR20 manual lists all connections available:

http://www.directv.com/see/pdf/060508HR20UserGuidev1_0b.pdf

You need to take a look at Dish's Vip-622. It supports a 2nd TV. I recently made the switch to E* from D*, primarily because the 622 is a much more robust and versatile machine. Despite the fact that E* says the 2nd tv is only receiving a SD broadcast, you can view 480 versions of all your HD channels. My 15 inch under the cabinet mount Sharp looks outstanding in the kitchen. And the 622 provides a separate remote with all HD DVR features for this 2nd tv. Sweet!

Status
Please reply by conversation.