HD for distant networks, All American Direct

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
Last year several people posted that AAD would be offering the 4 networks in HD starting the first quarter of 2009.
In November of 2007, they told me 1st 1/2 of 2008.
WELL, as of today, Rowlanda said they don't know when it will take place. She did say the owner of the company was "Mike" and he is supposed to be working on it. I told her to tell Mike that if I did not have HD service or a very firm commitment that was acceptable to me, they loose me as a customer 3/1/09 and I will switch to DirecTV which will give me the New York stations in HD. (My neighbor has them and they look great).
She tried to put the blame on Dish until I told her that they respond that it is up to AAD and not them. I also told her that we were getting tired of signal dropouts, audio problems and the fact that they are sometimes taking the widescreen feeds and crunching them.
SO, I am going to try to e-mail "Mike" and it might help if every person that pays them $12.95 per month would call them at 1-800-950-6900 and ask about HD, they might get the idea that if they don't move fast they may loose a number of customers.

I wonder if Dish could ever consider upgrading AAD customers to MPEG4 equipment. They maybe they could see about cramming 8 MPG4 HDs on to the AAD TP. Otherwise, I don't know they want to commit a second transponder for such a minority of customers.

DISH would need to find transponder space for 8 networks for AAD and DISH can't find transponder space for it's own channels. Add to that AAD would have to charge you considerably more for the HD space.

Good Bye Johnwadams you might as well leave now because it ain't going to happen.

Why 8 networks? Drop the west coast feed. From what I have seen, D* only offers the east coast feed. I really want to stay with E* but my commitment was up 5 years ago. Anybody know how many customers AAD serves?

I live in a multi-county area with no locals available, even from D*. I have noticed that E* appears to have the majority of customers in some of the rural areas I travel to around the country.

I just got back from Florida and was with a group of 10 other RV'ers. I was the only one with E*. The rest were with D*. A few years ago I was not the only one with E*. From what I read on this forum E* is loosing customers each month and lost the tie in with ATT. At some point, it would appear that they would do more to try to retain customers.

I'm talking about DirectTV's national networks. Do you have to get waivers or do you just subscribe to them somehow?

How did this change to a Direct TV discussion?
I think we are trying to compare the AAD option for E* to D*'s nation-wide networks that they offer. I think it's a valid comparison to make for people who cannot normally access their local affiliates by either provider and want to make an informed decision before choosing.

DISH would need to find transponder space for 8 networks for AAD and DISH can't find transponder space for it's own channels. Add to that AAD would have to charge you considerably more for the HD space.

Could they put them on 118.7, the bird they are using for international channels?

Could they put them on 118.7, the bird they are using for international channels?

Given there is a bunch of HD locals their mirrored to 129 or 61.5, this would be a great solution, in my opinion. Would be nice of the SD distants went there, too, and freed up another TP for the rest of us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts