HD Free eligibility if I cancel Platinum

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
I've looked through some of the existing HD Free threads but wasn't able to confirm. I was apparently grandfathered into to the Free HD thing without getting a new commitment or paying the $99. I currently have HD250 and HD Platinum. If I cancel the HD Platinum, will I lose my HD Free?

Thanks.

Just got rid of the $10 myself since I was not getting all the chanels anyway. Still pointing to 110, 119 and 61.5. Have not found the right Dish CSR to help me get my dish repointed without laying out some $$$ even though I have been with Dish for close to 10 years so the last time I called I said fine. Remove the extra $10 until you can get this crap figured out! Offsets their recent increases to the base packages.

Very frustrating. I personally appealed to executive resolutions (the ceo address) and got a free EA dish upgrade. Others have gotten a letter and gotten the free upgrade. Still others have added DHPP (or whatever it's called these days) and only paid $5 (plus $15 as KAB pointed out). A few have called and gotten it for free. Most have to pay a little to a lot if they can't wait.

Last edited:
Just did the online chat thing and got the Platinum removed. They charged me the $5 downgrade fee but I still have my HD Free for Life.

IMO, the Plat pack is worth every cent, especially with Epix...but I'm a movie guy.;)
Four or five months ago, before it was added, yes I would have probably dropped it. Dish actually sweetened the pot.

Just got rid of the $10 myself since I was not getting all the chanels anyway. Still pointing to 110, 119 and 61.5. Have not found the right Dish CSR to help me get my dish repointed without laying out some $$$ even though I have been with Dish for close to 10 years so the last time I called I said fine. Remove the extra $10 until you can get this crap figured out! Offsets their recent increases to the base packages.
Ask the CSR if the 129* is showing on your account. If it is ask her to remove it. That should help trigger you for the 129* repoint upgrade. I would ask for tech support, and let them do it.

IMO, the Plat pack is worth every cent, especially with Epix...but I'm a movie guy.;)
Four or five months ago, before it was added, yes I would have probably dropped it. Dish actually sweetened the pot.
Have to agree with you and with HDNetMovies, Retro, and Indie. Makes looking at the guide from 385 and down have a lot of movies--maybe more than added with AEP for $40.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)