HD Guide Software won't download to HR24-700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

celticben

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
On my box in the bedroom, HR24-700, when the new software tries to download (057B I think) the download stays at 0% and after 5 or minutes reboots to the old software. In the upper left hand corner above Searching for new software, there are a bunch of numbers that change around example 1/4/9 etc.
I called Tech Support and they were of little help. Any ideas? Thanks.

On my box in the bedroom, HR24-700, when the new software tries to download (057B I think) the download stays at 0% and after 5 or minutes reboots to the old software. In the upper left hand corner above Searching for new software, there are a bunch of numbers that change around example 1/4/9 etc.
I called Tech Support and they were of little help. Any ideas? Thanks.

You typically only D/L the New Guide during the CE time frame, or late night hours in some cases.
It's not available anytime of the day, UNLESS you've already got the new gui.

Check here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...2-directv-cutting-edge-program-terms-faq.html

I think this week they are rolling the HD user interface software to the rest of the nation that hasn't got it yet. If you don't have it now, you should in the next few days.

There was a list of rollout schedule, and this was the last week on the list.

I think this week they are rolling the HD user interface software to the rest of the nation that hasn't got it yet. If you don't have it now, you should in the next few days.

There was a list of rollout schedule, and this was the last week on the list.

I know friends finally got it here in town yesterday, I forgot that everyone should have it now, or by the end of the week I would think.

The software is available. It just won't download and I can't figure out why.

I run CE software on my box but I did notice the same thing about a month ago when I tried to jump back to a national release (04D1 at the time) because I was having stability issues with a CE release. It finds the software, does the numbers in the top left for about 15 minutes, stays at 0%, and then reboots. I never have an issue with CE's downloading though. Not sure if it's something with the box or just the software not being in the stream when I try. I have an R22-100.

Dan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts