HD: higher channel problems

dsharky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Hi all,

Got upgraded to 622/211 last week and upgraded to the Dish HD bronze package. Really strange things been happening. I get all the HD channels perfectly up to HD Equator channel. (9471). Any channel above that, I get a 40 seconds of blank screen, then a message saying "cannot find signal". What gives?!?! So all my channels like Game, Family, etc are inaccessible. The weird thing is that once in a while, if i'm patient enough, it would work for a few minutes before the signal drops out again.

did the dish installer messed up? this problem happens on both my 622 and my 211. All my other HD channels below 9471 works PERFECTLY. Anyone else have that problem? (i've tried rebooting the recievers already)

Quick fix or do I have to spend time on the phone with dish tech support?

Hmm...interesting. As both of your receivers are doing this, I would start with their common link and that is your dish antenna. I would recommend that you check your satellite signal levels (given signal dropout messages) and run diagnostic on switch(es).

You have free 90 day warranty on installation so do not be shy in calling back and asking for this to be addressed...and always check all your channels before tech leaves your home. I also recently upgraded and first I did not have one part of my channels, then premiums and then HD and until all the kinks were fixed right there and at that moment I refused to sign tech's paperwork.

Hmm...interesting. As both of your receivers are doing this, I would start with their common link and that is your dish antenna. I would recommend that you check your satellite signal levels (given signal dropout messages) and run diagnostic on switch(es).

You have free 90 day warranty on installation so do not be shy in calling back and asking for this to be addressed...and always check all your channels before tech leaves your home. I also recently upgraded and first I did not have one part of my channels, then premiums and then HD and until all the kinks were fixed right there and at that moment I refused to sign tech's paperwork.

Thanks for the tip. I was careless and didn't check all the channels. I figured, hey, if it showed 5 or 6 HD channels, why wouldn't it show the rest...Life lessons...I'll call them up and see what happens. Unless others here know of a quick fix...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts