HD Hockey tonight??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Sunsportstv.com says the Lightning game will be on D* channel 95. Did not see it on the D* program guide. Can anyone confirm that the Lightning game will be on tonight?

Guess it kinda sucks that ESPN dropped them as there would have been a lot of HD hockey on this year. OLN is a pretty crappy picture but I guess it's good to have hockey back.

Yes it will be on Channel 95 (probably for every except the Hurricanes market) because NHL-Center Ice is free preview. Others see the game on their guide...

And don't forget the game on HDnet tonight at 10:30, with Coyotes at Canucks. Should be a good one if you can stay up that late. Weird seeing Gretzky behind the bench.
Keep in mind that HDnet is probably showing as many games as OLN (each average 8-9 games a month). I've never watched an HDnet game, am leery about the insight of the announcers, but that network is providing a couple games a week so I can't complain about that.

I would not count on great guide data from D* for this, they do not even have channels posted for Friday's games. I'll take all the hockey I can get HD or SD but I have sent a complaint to D* about lack of carriage for OLN HD as well as Altitude HD and of course I contacted the NHL ... I think everyone one is waiting see if they even make a season.

I am anxious to see the new rules in effect for the pro, it should make for a great game!

GO AVS, DEVILS, FLYERS & ISLANDERS!!!

audio keeps getting louder and softer here.. not staying constant...

Saw some of the 3rd period tonight and man it was nice to see some HD Hockey again. I hope D* continues to show games on this channel.

Does anyone know if OLN broadcasted the Rangers/Flyers game in HD to any provider?

thechad708 said:
The Flyers and Rangers game was on INHD.

That's good to hear even though we don't get that channel. Looks like OLN will indeed show games through INHD then at least until they launch a channel of their own.

I wonder if we will see any Fox Sports NHL coverage on channel 95.

We also got the Redwings and Blues on HDnet tonight at 8pm. That's what I'm talking about! This is one of the most bitter rivalries in all of hockey. They've met each other in the playoffs just about every year for the last 10 years and many series have went to the 7th game. Always a good game between the two.

bigpro said:
I've never watched an HDnet game, am leery about the insight of the announcers, but that network is providing a couple games a week so I can't complain about that.

I suspect your fears are unfounded. Ever sporting event I've ever watched on HDNet has been top-notch production from top to bottom.

Didn't see the game last night. I am curious who the commentary team was?

Jack Edwards used to be in the booth for HDNet NHL and in my opinion is excellent. He used to be the voice of US Soccer. I'll never forget some of his classic soccer calls such as "THE BUILDING IS SHAKING" when Brian McBride scored against Guatemala in RFK or "THE US IS DRUBBING PORTUGAL" after we laid 3 goals in rapid succession on favored Portugal in the 2002 World Cup.

Anybody confirm that Edwards is the booth again this year? As soon as I get home off this blasted road trip I'll be able to watch myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts