HD info on Channel 570

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You guys are going to be a little disappointed in the morning, I believe. Channel 570 is one of the partner network channels. It's only available to employees and retailers and people like that. A normal person won't be authorized to view it. It's going to be more like an internal update.

I don't agree with this statement, because when you look at the channel bar it says "Upcoming: Customer Care Broadcast. Why would they broadcast something internally and call it a Customer Care Broadcast? Hopefully we can view it.

Unfortanitly, I'm not holding my breath on this one - as much as I want new HD - I don't think we'll be seeing them for a few more days. But! I would love it if I was wrong.

I don't agree with this statement, because when you look at the channel bar it says "Upcoming: Customer Care Broadcast. Why would they broadcast something internally and call it a Customer Care Broadcast? Hopefully we can view it.

And the discription says 'Executive Broadcast'. They also had a similar program on last week that was also unviewable by normal customers. Guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see who's correct.

and..... i just noticed it replays from 9-21 to 10-05..... so does it mean nothing til the 6th?.... jeez please stop the speculation demons in my head..... where is Jodie Foster when I need her?

You guys are going to be a little disappointed in the morning, I believe. Channel 570 is one of the partner network channels. It's only available to employees and retailers and people like that. A normal person won't be authorized to view it. It's going to be more like an internal update.

I agree. I have tried to watch a "Customer Care Broadcast" before and wasn't able to access it at the scheduled time. I'm pretty sure this is in house stuff that is only available to those with engineering cards or other special access.

I get 570 on my showroom unit.. And trust me people.. You are not missing anything of any value.. So far it's been a loop telling us how to make sure the customer is ready for HD.. BORING..

If anything shows up on there that is not confidential you can count on me to spill the beans.. But don't hold your breath.. I have never ever seen anything on there that wasn't already out to the public.

If we know anything more in the morning, I can almost guarantee it won't come from channel 570, however I have set my HR20 to record it whatever it might be.. I can promise that Scott will have any info long before they shoot it out to us lowly dealers on this channel. That's why I am here, and that's why I exclusively send my spare change to SatGuys to support this wealth of knowledge that can be found here.. Everyone else should too..

I agree,
I have also watched broadcast on this channel when they were showing how to set up the 5 LNB dish at one point, so I believe it is an open channel when D* decides to use it.

If it was for private viewing only, we would not be able to see it for the previously mentioned show.

Jimbo

They have opened it to the public a few times if I remember correctly. But the Customer Care Broadcast is the usual title, and normally denotes something that we dealers need to know about Taking care of our customers.. Seems like it was 570 that they opened up for the launch of D10 to be viewed by the public.. But I could be wrong on that one.

They have opened it to the public a few times if I remember correctly. But the Customer Care Broadcast is the usual title, and normally denotes something that we dealers need to know about Taking care of our customers.. Seems like it was 570 that they opened up for the launch of D10 to be viewed by the public.. But I could be wrong on that one.

I think you are correct, I know several time I have been up in those channels and found things that I was unaware of.
One of them were open when the HR20-700 first came out , letting you know how it worked.

Jimbo

so people with "illegal" cards can see this stuff and us regular joes can't? I don't understand that. I thought that they shut down the "illegal" cards and made it impossible to use them anymore?? Isn't that what engineering mode is?

so people with "illegal" cards can see this stuff and us regular joes can't? I don't understand that. I thought that they shut down the "illegal" cards and made it impossible to use them anymore?? Isn't that what engineering mode is?

Most people today and people with a good rep on most message boards do have engineering cards but those are only illegal if DirecTV doesn't want them to have it right. Most people today that have an engineering card got it from DirecTV "or" from a company/person authorized by DirecTV to provide it.

Already at work, could someone

tell me what this important message on 570 is, or if it is even being broadcast to consumers.

There was a hidden message in the black screen, If you watched it for 30 seconds you now beleave all of the HD channels are on, but only you can see them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts