HD install scheduled for tomorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
should I receive a call from the installer to confirm what I am expecting or do I just hope that they show up during the window I was given?

I received a call from the installer when I had the HD service installed about three weeks ago. It was good thing he did because his work order showed that he was to only swap out my 522. It didn't say for which receiver nor did it mention anything about needing a different dish. He said that's why he always call first before going to the warehouse to get parts and supplies for his daily installs.

I have had several other installs/service calls and I'm fairly sure they always called first.

That is my concern that they will not have the proper equipment. Maybe they will call tonight or in the a.m. Sure gonna be mad if this gets screwed up

The installers usually call me the day of the install. The last installer called right at 8:00 AM for a scheduled 8AM-Noon install time. If it's a PM install I think they have usually called late AM.

Even so, problems still creep up. He had originally planned to install the 1000.2 (I think) but 129 wasn't picking up properly due to a LOS issue. He installed 2 Dish 500's instead to pickup 110/119 and 61.5. I glimpsed into his truck at one point and he had quite a bit of supplies to cover many issues that might pop up.

You'll probably be alright, so try not to worry. Besides, there isn't a whole lot you'll be able to do about it until the installer calls or shows up.

I usually don't call unless it says "Call first" on the call. And then I call when I'm a half hour away. My cell bill was $180 a few months ago, and we basically make minimum wage after expenses. Just can't afford it.

And yes lately the call sheets have been awful. So much missing, that I've been carrying spares of everything I can in case I need it.

50/50

chance they bring the right/wrong equipment. One guy showed up here with a new dvr. At no time did I have a conversation with any CSR regarding a dvr. No you were suppose to bring a larger dish. It says here a new dvr...WRONG! Then it only took 3 months to get the cost of the new dvr removed from my bill :)

Good luck with your new install :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts