ESPNU launch of HD channel

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I found out today that ESPNU will start broadcasting in HD, just in time for the start of the college football season on August 28, 2008.

Does any one know if DISH Network will add ESPNU HD to their lineup that day?

I have called in and asked DISH reps what new HD channels are to be added in the near future, and they always say they don't have any clue.

So, back to ESPNU HD, I am excited about the prospect of this channel being in HD, because I love watching college football. I just hope DISH will launch it that day of August 28th.

Thanks for any info that you may have. By the way, I am in Trenton, Georgia which is only 20 miles from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

I found out today that ESPNU will start broadcasting in HD, just in time for the start of the college football season on August 28, 2008.

Does any one know if DISH Network will add ESPNU HD to their lineup that day?

I have called in and asked DISH reps what new HD channels are to be added in the near future, and they always say they don't have any clue.

So, back to ESPNU HD, I am excited about the prospect of this channel being in HD, because I love watching college football. I just hope DISH will launch it that day of August 28th.

Thanks for any info that you may have. By the way, I am in Trenton, Georgia which is only 20 miles from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Where's Trenton from Canton?:D Where's Trenton from Bigfoot country?:D

This can be another deal breaker for customers. I am sure with the ABC/ESPN suite, it is a no brainer that this would be added, but then again . . .

Football fans like myself can only hope for the best. You never know for sure what DISH will do. So far, I have been fairly pleased with going with DISH for my HD programming. There are several more HD channels I would like to see by the end of the year. Maybe DISH will deliver.

I expect ESPNU-HD to be added, but based on Dish's history it wouldn't surprise me if it's not added until a week or two into the football season.

A week or two, try 6 or 8 weeks into playoffs like they did with TBS HD. Dish isn't in a hurry but neither is Directv from the looks of it.

A week or two, try 6 or 8 weeks into playoffs like they did with TBS HD. Dish isn't in a hurry but neither is Directv from the looks of it.

didn't Dish add TBS HD like 2-3 days into the MLB playoffs? I seem to remember seeing Joba the headhunter being eaten alive by those bugs in HD.. wish I had a dvr then :D

ESPN expects that if the New Echostar satellite is operational by then (it should be since it is moving to 110 as we speak), that ESPN-U HD will be launched on Dish the same day it is Launched on Directv, which is to say launch day.

Of course, that is what ESPN expected when ESPNNEWS HD was launched, and it was not launched until several weeks afterward. Of course, Dish was having capacity issues then, and they really should not have any once the new satellite is operational.

I don't really have a vested interest in this game, because all the games I want to watch are on ESPN, ABC or the Big Ten Network.

Dish has two HD channels space that will be freed up on August 25th, namely the two special Olympics HD channels.

Dish generally has a very cozy relationship with ABC/ESPN, notice that some marginal ABC/Disney channels were added before having much HD content, and that Dish added ESPN2-HD long before D*.

So, I expect Dish to add ESPNU-HD around launch date or soon thereafter.

But, I don't have any inside info on it.

Dish has two HD channels space that will be freed up on August 25th, namely the two special Olympics HD channels.

Dish generally has a very cozy relationship with ABC/ESPN, notice that some marginal ABC/Disney channels were added before having much HD content, and that Dish added ESPN2-HD long before D*.

So, I expect Dish to add ESPNU-HD around launch date or soon thereafter.

But, I don't have any inside info on it.

Very true.

didn't Dish add TBS HD like 2-3 days into the MLB playoffs? I seem to remember seeing Joba the headhunter being eaten alive by those bugs in HD.. wish I had a dvr then :D
If I remember some of the specifics of this...

Originally it was launched right in time for the playoffs. However, it wasn't made available to subscribers until 2-3 days into the playoffs. In face, one member of SatGuys even alerted TBS that DISH was carrying them secretly. It was kinda shady as to if DISH was really going to launch TBS-HD to the general subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)