HD Issue on new install today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Okay, so I was under the impression that I needed to get a new dish for my HD upgrade. They installed my new HD DVR box but I have the same basic round dish that I had before. Now on some of my channels I get Program Not purchased on my HD channels. Some come in okay. So what is going on? Is this a problem since they didn't change out my dish!?!? WTF?

No, I just have the basic round dish, do these guys not know what they were doing? Why did they not change out my dish?

Okay, I wasn't here and now I did find out from my Girlfriend that they may have tapped into my neighbors dish. I live in a townhouse unit and they have run some wires underground from my cable box to theirs where they have the 5 lnb dish hooked into. Some channels are coming in fine. ch 622 YES HD is coming in crystal clear. ch 229 says ch not purchased 722 on the hd feed. I'm on hold with directv now looking into this.

Okay, phew, it's working now. Called them up and for some reason the HD service wasn't added on and that's why most of the hd channels except the sports pack ones for whatever reason, weren't working.

I hope your neighbor knows about and approves in writing the way you are connected. I wouldn't be too comfortable about it if I was you without it on paper.

I can just see it now, the neighbor upgrades and adds another receiver and they disconnect you cable since it is not supposed to be there and you are left without service.

IMO you should call and have them come back out to put up the proper dish for you.

I was at work during the install and my girlfriend really had no idea what they were doing. I freaked out when I got home because I saw my same old small round dish sitting out there and had error messages on most of the HD channels saying not purchased. Anyway, I have nothing in writing from whoever is using that dish, if I had known I definitely would have done that. However, the Townhouse association here actually does prefer that people share dishes like that if possible. So whatever works for now, but I would have much rather have had my own dish hooked up. Now I know to schedule the day off from work next time I have an install.

I still would get my own dish. Tell them to come out and swap it out. Whats the difference if you are sharing one and have an old dish up not doing anything or you each have 2 working correct dish's?

I don't see how they have it connect outside anyways. The dish has 4 lines coming off of it going to to a multiswitch inside that splits it off if you need more then 4 feeds. Sounds fishy to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)