HD LIL on 129 CONUS how much longer?

trumpit

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Northern California
For those in the know, what is the best guess of how much longer HD LIL will be on 129 CONUS before they all go on spot beam on a different bird? Is it years away, months, or ??? I'm thinking I'll have to go to Canadian satellite when that happens for my bicoastal HD LIL.

well the new satellite set for launch to 110 degrees in december has no spotbeams. so i wouldn't expect anything from 129 to get moved to a spotbeam any time soon.

I am really wondering what is going to happen with the old slots at 129 and 61.5 and the origional 110/119 slots , once they get the new slots up and running at 86.5/97 in mpeg 4. Are they going to relay the signal off of these sats at 110/119/61.5/129 to the new sats except in mpeg 4 ? Or are they going to uplink everything again from the ground to the new slots? I really am wondering what is going to happen with the old slots once they get the new ones up and running next spring . CONsidering ALL sd/hd /international/locals in both sd/hd will be on those new sats, why do we need the older slots, other than to keep for older mpeg 2 customers during the mpeg 4 transition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts