Hd local Channels droppout today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txwildcat

Jan 19, 2005
I am new sub to D. I was with E for the last 3 years.. My install was last Saturday. Everything was working great until this morning! My local channels drop out this morning. I have call D customer service and they say everything looks good on their end. They say it mght be my multi switch. All other HD channels are fine. I have 3 HD receivers and 1 HD DVR. Any suggestions? I have already trying a new setup on all systems

Thanks for youe help

here are the values

sate #101 97%
sate #110 96%
sate #119 100%
sate #99 0%
sate #103a 90% but seems real slow to obtain value
sate #103b 95%

Thanks for your help!

Hard to say since the local spot beams are split around between different satellites and transponders, but the 0 on 99 could be your problem. Someone with more specific knowledge may be able to step in here and tell you which TP's you need to be looking at (there are actually up to 32 on each satellite, each with their own signal strength) to get the locals in your area.

I am having the same problem; nothing but grey screen. I am in Oklahoma and I have an HR20-100 reconditioned POS.

Last edited:
Fixed

I talked to D technical support. They told me they were not having any problem with their satellite feed. I schedule a service appointment. They also gave me the number of the local installation contractor. I called them to see if I could get an appointment tomorrow. They put me on the wait list and then they called me back in about 20 minute.

They said they had been getting calls all day and D was having SATELLITE issues with HD locals. There said there was probably nothing none with my system.

I just got home and everything is working fine now!!!

I doubt is was Satellite issues with HD LiL as mine and a few other users I checked in other DMAs were running non-stop, so they likely meant issues with specific LiL; BUT bottom line is you are running.

My Friend had the same problem and he called D and they said everything was ok and then they told him that they would send him another hd box and and when he received it. He plug it in and all his local hd channels were working back to normal so i guess it has something to do with the box.

Mine started working right before the world series started. Before it came back on, I called DirecTV, and of course they were clueless. They tried to schedule a service call and I rejected based upon my experience with their service calls in the past. In my experience, the service guys come out, say they dont see anything wrong, and tell me I need a new receiver. Now I am on my third "new" (as in reconditioned older model than I paid $300 bucks for 6 months ago) receiver, everyhting is ok at the moment. I really, really hate directv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts