HD Local channels in Davenport IA

gjcavana

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Is there any info out there about when my local channels in Davenport Iowa zip 52806 will be available on DishNetwork in HD. I have not had much luck getting them OTA. After trying several antennas I have given up on that. Non HD does not look very good on a 52" TV.

Is there any info out there about when my local channels in Davenport Iowa zip 52806 will be available on DishNetwork in HD. I have not had much luck getting them OTA. After trying several antennas I have given up on that. Non HD does not look very good on a 52" TV.

Irritating as we were told on the Charlie Chat at the end of 2008 that we were one of six markets coming at the first of the year. Now it seems countless others are uplinked but not the Quad Cities. I use the winegard Square Shooter and I am 95-100 on all stations. Hopefully the HD will be added soon as the OTA is great but if recording I can only watch what is being recorded for the OTA channels.

What part of the QC area are you in and how much did you pay for the winegard Square Shooter? I'm in the very NW corner of Davenport and OTA signals fluctuate a great deal but have never obtained better than 85 and I get that only for a few seconds. All channels fluctuate between dead and 80-85 constantly.

What part of the QC area are you in and how much did you pay for the winegard Square Shooter? I'm in the very NW corner of Davenport and OTA signals fluctuate a great deal but have never obtained better than 85 and I get that only for a few seconds. All channels fluctuate between dead and 80-85 constantly.

NE Davenport ... I have mine in the back of the house and maybe 10 feet up. The Square Shooter I got from Mobile Wiring on Hickory Grove. Ask for Mike. They installed my unit.

I think the wife would have a few words to say if I spent $100 plus, mounted another annt and cabling. Would rather just get the locals in HD via existing dish but can't find any info if there are coming any time soon.

I think the wife would have a few words to say if I spent $100 plus, mounted another annt and cabling. Would rather just get the locals in HD via existing dish but can't find any info if there are coming any time soon.

I know what you mean. Mine is well hidden and our homes are on the high end. The signal and picture quality is really good and if rain fade occurs it never knocks out the OTA. Also will love it when our HD is available as it will double the recording capability. But it is expensive but to me it is worth it!

I live in northwest Davenport and have a Square Shooter installed by Mobile Wiring. (Mike is great) I get WQAD at 100% WHBF At 100% KLJB is hit and miss at best. KWQC is the one I don't understand mostly it is at 85% but some days I can not receive it at all. I am hoping that when the stations increase to 100% power I will get all the locals consistently. I'm not holding my breath for HD locals from Dish. It seems that all the stations around here are going broke and if it will cost them anything to up-link hd to dish it won't happen. and if it does happen it will be one station at a time not all at once. just my opinion .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)