HD Local Sound Sync

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PWGuy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
SE New Mexico
Hey, I'm not complaining too much. I'm grateful that I, in podunk New Mexico, am one of the first to get HD locals.

I am disappointed to not get the CBS HD that I got before I turned my Dish 300 from 148 to get 129 for the HD locals but I still am greatful for the other networks. If the CBS station doesn't want me to watch, so be it.

The HD locals here in Carlsbad, NM are good quality. Not near as good as HD-NET but way way better than any SD I have seen. My only quibble so far is that the sound sync is noticably off, at least on American Idol, that I was watching tonight. Not a deal killer, but bad enough that I sure hope they fix it. I also hope "they" make the deal to get me CSI in HD again.

My VIP 622 audio sync is set to High Definition.

No other complaints. I think the initial still frame is not significant.

PWGuy said:
My only quibble so far is that the sound sync is noticably off, at least on American Idol, that I was watching tonight.

I noticed the same thing last night while watching Idol over my OTA Fox HD station. But I also noticed that if I pause and then begin play again, it gets back into sync. I'm assuming these are software issues that will be addressed shortly. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the new 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)