HD locals for Baltimore

Ascratch

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Central Pennsylvania
I live in DMA 41, Cumberland County Pa, and had to "move" to Franklin county to get the Washington DC locals in HD. I see now the Baltimore locals are set to come on line in 2008. My question is, if and when they turn those Baltimore locals on will the coverage area include my location or will I have to stay moved to Franklin county. Not sure where to find the coverage map like they have on the locations that already have the locals turned on.

Thanks for any input

I live in DMA 41, Cumberland County Pa, and had to "move" to Franklin county to get the Washington DC locals in HD. I see now the Baltimore locals are set to come on line in 2008. My question is, if and when they turn those Baltimore locals on will the coverage area include my location or will I have to stay moved to Franklin county. Not sure where to find the coverage map like they have on the locations that already have the locals turned on.

Thanks for any input
Go to the Dishnetwork site and check to see what your locals are. https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do
If they indicate Baltimore, then "move" back to your original address after the Baltimore HD locals are lit up. You won't be getting much. None of the local broadcasts are in HD just the national. The DC locals are much better IMHO but I can understand the need for more local info & news. What were your locals before you moved?

I had SD locals from Dish and only ABC from Harrisburg OTA. Other OTA not strong enough.

Thanks for the reply. I will wait to see what shows up when they turn them on. When ever that is huh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)