HD locals for Chattanooga, TN

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Just in the past few weeks a friend seen a newspaper ad stating that my locals out of Chattanooga were now in HD. Only problem is that only CBS and FOX are the only ones being broadcast in HD. I can't get an answer from any one at DISH as to why ABC and NBC are not shown in HD at the present time.

I am a big college football fan and I am looking forward to the upcoming season. My team's 1st game will be on ABC, so unless some miracle happens, I will have to watch it in standard def, which is a bummer. I have a 50 inch tv and there is a big, big difference in watching standard def versus high def.

I have read on the internet that a lot of times when DISH rolls out HD locals that they will only start out with 2 of the 4. If this is true, why does DISH do this? If a company advertises HD locals in your area, then I feel all 4 should be in HD. DISH has told me they feel eventually ABC and NBC will be HD, but can provide me with no other info.

This is very frustrating to say the least. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just in the past few weeks a friend seen a newspaper ad stating that my locals out of Chattanooga were now in HD. Only problem is that only CBS and FOX are the only ones being broadcast in HD. I can't get an answer from any one at DISH as to why ABC and NBC are not shown in HD at the present time.

I am a big college football fan and I am looking forward to the upcoming season. My team's 1st game will be on ABC, so unless some miracle happens, I will have to watch it in standard def, which is a bummer. I have a 50 inch tv and there is a big, big difference in watching standard def versus high def.

I have read on the internet that a lot of times when DISH rolls out HD locals that they will only start out with 2 of the 4. If this is true, why does DISH do this? If a company advertises HD locals in your area, then I feel all 4 should be in HD. DISH has told me they feel eventually ABC and NBC will be HD, but can provide me with no other info.

This is very frustrating to say the least. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ABC is owned by Frredom Corp - it is unlikely to come soon http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/142699-hd-locals-not-likely-come-dish-soon.html

Freedom has no agreement for HD with Dish. I recommend you join the rest of us and write to Freedom asking them to make nice with Dish.

The NBC stations is owned by Sarkes Tarzian who also owns the CBS affiliate in Reno - I am not sure what the story of this one is.

I also live in the Chattanooga area. Dish says they are working on it. I live only about 20 miles from the towers but with the best of antenna equipment I can not get any of the stations consistently. Cable will never come out to where we live so DBS is all we have.

Who ever gets my Network stations to me in Hi Def....Gets my business!!!!

So, anybody else that is subscribed to HD locals experiencing the same problem?

I wish all of the big 4 (CBS, FOX, ABC & NBC) were in HD in my area, but right now only 2 are in HD.

Complaining doesn't seem to help, because DISH reps only offer up opinions, offering no real solution.

Maybe by the end of year all 4 will be HD. I can only hope.

I live 25-30 miles from Chattanooga (Cleveland), and I can pick up all of the Chattanooga locals in HD with an antenna. I agree, it would be nice to have them all available from Dish, but in the meantime, the antenna works great.

As a side note, if you were a true Tennessean, your favorite teams first game would be on ESPN on Sept. 1st. GO VOLS!!!!!!!:D

I live 25-30 miles from Chattanooga (Cleveland), and I can pick up all of the Chattanooga locals in HD with an antenna. I agree, it would be nice to have them all available from Dish, but in the meantime, the antenna works great.

As a side note, if you were a true Tennessean, your favorite teams first game would be on ESPN on Sept. 1st. GO VOLS!!!!!!!:D

We are not all so lucky. Although I live actually less than 20 miles from the towers I can not get any of the stations consistently over the air. I have been dealing with this for 15 years. I have the best antenna and preamp. The problem is a big Ridge between me and Chattanooga and the foot hills between me and Atlanta.

It will all work out one of these days.

I contacted ABC local in Chattanooga and got a response today from the General Manager. He claims the reason DISH is not showing ABC in HD is because they were told by the satellite companies that receiving station upgrades were being made, and he offered no knowledge of any timeframe this would be completed. So, if this is true, then DISH is the holdup. Maybe it will be in HD soon.

NBC local contacted me as well. They had no real answer as to why their station was not being shown in HD. He said they are broadcasting in HD now, but for some reason, DISH was not showing it in HD. So, it could possible be a receiving problem on DISH's end.

Nothing I can do but be patient. It is what it is. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)