HD Locals In Columbus, OH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
To those of you that know, directv launched hd locals for columbus ohio on 4/19/06, but only nbc,abc,and fox were available, the cbs feed was not, here is the reason:

Dear Mr. Irwin:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding WBNS-DT21 on DirecTV. If all goes well and the attorneys for DirecTV move quickly…WBNS should be included in the Columbus HD package offered by DirecTV very soon. The launch was scheduled for 5/1/06…and for some reason DirectTV put the three signals (WCMH, WSYX, WTTE) up last Tuesday.

Stay tuned…

Tom Griesdorn

President & General Manager

WBNS-10TV / WBNS-DT 10 / ONN

770 Twin Rivers Drive

Columbus, OH 43215

Phone: 614-460-2863

FAX: 614-460-2814

And I thought the LIL HD releases where technically constrained. Looks like the constraints are more about lawyers. Lawyers. uh.... Just felt the air sucked from my body.

RIRWIN - Thanks for the post.

Sounds like a miscommunication between Direct and WBNS to me. As long as it is up by football season, I am content!

the funny part is the person who replied back wasent the person i emaiked to.

Heres the reply I got from WBNS:

Matt,

Just a slight delay in our paperwork. No big deal. DirecTV is telling us
that we'll be up by 5/1/06.

Thank you for writing 10TV Viewer Services.

Frank Willson
Director of Operations

were not bitchin, people were asking why wbns wasent online, and i and directvfreak found out and posted such. that what the people who know who is to blame and to put pressure on to fix

Frank Wilson is someone who I do believe and have communicated with in the past.

Yes jabroni is correct. Frank Wilson does tell the truth here in Columbus. He even goes up a local HD form site to give us info on things happen within the Columbus market.

Installed and working

All installed and activated. The dish is really not that much bigger but the pole and supports make it look larger. The H20 does not come with a HDMI cable so I will need to pick up one before I can do a side by side test versus the HD Tivo...

Attachments

• AT9-2.jpg
    AT9-2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 209
Nice clean and neat looking install. What area and who did your install Jabroni? Other users might benefit from that info. Again, looks great!

Bluegrass Satellite did the install and it was the same man who did my original install 2 years ago.
I live in Mount Vernon, Ohio which is 40 miles or so northeast of Columbus. The installers name was Frank and if every Direct employee and/or representative were like him, there would be no competition!

There is no HD content on the three stations I get to comment on the PQ. Hopefully tomorrow night!

jabroni said:
Bluegrass Satellite did the install and it was the same man who did my original install 2 years ago.
I live in Mount Vernon, Ohio which is 40 miles or so northeast of Columbus. The installers name was Frank and if every Direct employee and/or representative were like him, there would be no competition!

There is no HD content on the three stations I get to comment on the PQ. Hopefully tomorrow night!

not true jay lenno every night has been in hd, and if i ever can get hired on by either sat companies contractors there will be another good installer like him perhaps.

LOL, I forgot about Jay, although I use the HD Tivo to record him every evening. Being as old as I am, I usually turn into a pumpkin before Jay comes on.

yep i got the same install here in newark ohio yesterday, the pic quality is awesome on the local channels, some sat company from zanesville did my install, the installers name was steve, he knew his job well, very knowledgeable, very informative person too

I also think that the locals look very good. The same or better than my off air antenna. I guess people in columbus are lucky because others are saying that the HD Local PQ is terrable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)