HD "Locals" in Puerto Rico?

PotentialNoobie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hello...

I have been reading for a while now, since I may change from Cable to Satellite soon...

Can someone in Puerto Rico help me clarify the following:

If I get HD & SD...

Will ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, CW also come in HD or just SD?
I believe they are considered locals also...:confused:

Hello...

I have been reading for a while now, since I may change from Cable to Satellite soon...

If I get HD & SD...

These channels are provided for local DMA. In our PR DMA...these stations are only in SD....not in HD. Infact till now no local channels r available in HD in our DMA.

Having said that...u can subscribe additional package of HD local Distant which will give u the outside market HD for the big 4 ie ABC, Fox, CBS & NBC & it will cost u extra above the basic package u sub to.

Hello...

If I get HD & SD...

First Welcome to the forum! What Rajmarie and Ljdonato are telling is the truth Technoguy told me a coulple of months ago that the LPTV are going to send the HD signal via broadband. WPRU ABC, WVGN, WJPX but who Knows when!

First Welcome to the forum! ... LPTV...

Thanks! :up What is LPTV?

...dish has said that they will have 10 exclusive local channels in the near future. Rumors are that some or all of those will be HD locals.

See this:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/174236-team-summit-report-4.html#post1815096

Well, that was written back in May...

Are they up yet?

if I was to subscribe to the upcoming "HD & Platinum" with Classic Bronze + or "better", Will I get them?

Thanks! :up What is LPTV?

Well, that was written back in May...

Are they up yet?

if I was to subscribe to the upcoming "HD & Platinum" with Classic Bronze + or "better", Will I get them?

There are not up yet! But what Raja told you and donato you can get them buy All American Direct the hd channels ABC,CBS,NBC and FOX. With you Dish Network Equipment

Guys I receive this email from ABC Puerto Rico today: I send it out to Fox and Abc PR

Subject: Re: HD in Puerto Rico
To: "nelson torres rivera" <neljtorres@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 7:10 PM

You will need to call Dish on this one, DirecTv starts our HD feed this
week for ABC. Thanks.

At 02:42 PM 7/22/2009, you wrote:
>When are you gus are going to launch in HD! I want to see Nascar in HD
>when ABC has it I am a Dish network customer in Puerto Rico
>
>
>Nelson Torres

Guys I receive this email from ABC Puerto Rico today: I send it out to Fox and Abc PR

Subject: Re: HD in Puerto Rico
To: "nelson torres rivera" <neljtorres@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2009, 7:10 PM

You will need to call Dish on this one, DirecTv starts our HD feed this
week for ABC. Thanks.

At 02:42 PM 7/22/2009, you wrote:
>When are you gus are going to launch in HD! I want to see Nascar in HD
>when ABC has it I am a Dish network customer in Puerto Rico
>
>
>Nelson Torres

I just had a online chat with a DirecTV Puerto Rico CSR. The CSR confirms what neljtorres reported. They just added USA, TBS, Fox PR and ABC PR all in HD.

See chat with CSR:

Todos nuestros operadores están ocupados. Gracias por su paciencia. Un operador le atenderá en breve.
Esta chateando con 'Bolivar'.
Bolivar: Gracias por contactar al departamento de ventas de DIRECTV, cómo le puedo ayudar?
javier: Buenas noches. ¿Tienen canales locales en HD como Fox, ABC, NBC, CW o cualquier otro local
Bolivar: Sí, contamos con el USA, TBS, FOX y ABC
Bolivar: es usted cliente de DIRECTV
javier: Fox PR y ABC PR ambos en HD
Bolivar: correcto
javier: gracias

English Translation:

All our operators are busy. Thanks for your patience. An operator will assist you shortly.
Chatting with 'Bolivar'.
Bolivar: Thank you for contacting the sales department of DIRECTV, how can I help you?
javier: Good evening. Do you have local channels in HD like Fox, ABC, NBC, CW, or any other local
Bolivar: Yes, we have the USA, TBS, ABC and FOX
Bolivar: are you a DIRECTV Customer
javier: ABC PR and Fox PR both HD
Bolivar: correct
javier: thanks

I just had a online chat with a DirecTV Puerto Rico CSR. The CSR confirms what neljtorres reported. They just added USA, TBS, Fox PR and ABC PR all in HD.

See chat with CSR:

Todos nuestros operadores están ocupados. Gracias por su paciencia. Un operador le atenderá en breve.
Esta chateando con 'Bolivar'.
Bolivar: Gracias por contactar al departamento de ventas de DIRECTV, cómo le puedo ayudar?
javier: Buenas noches. ¿Tienen canales locales en HD como Fox, ABC, NBC, CW o cualquier otro local
Bolivar: Sí, contamos con el USA, TBS, FOX y ABC
Bolivar: es usted cliente de DIRECTV
javier: Fox PR y ABC PR ambos en HD
Bolivar: correcto
javier: gracias

English Translation:

All our operators are busy. Thanks for your patience. An operator will assist you shortly.
Chatting with 'Bolivar'.
Bolivar: Thank you for contacting the sales department of DIRECTV, how can I help you?
javier: Good evening. Do you have local channels in HD like Fox, ABC, NBC, CW, or any other local
Bolivar: Yes, we have the USA, TBS, ABC and FOX
Bolivar: are you a DIRECTV Customer
javier: ABC PR and Fox PR both HD
Bolivar: correct
javier: thanks

Good Information!

Well I'm getting DTV-PR for the NFL Sunday ticket this year, I basically was going to get a Prepaid, but I may change my mind...

Tom, do you know if DTV-PR gets all the games for the NFL Sunday Ticket just like DirectvUSA?
I'm also planning to get DTV-PR prepaid just to have the NFL games and maybe their basic tier of channels.

A friend of mine bought the MLB pkg from Direct-PR last year and only receive like 3 channels. They didnt offer all the games, only the ones they thing are intereting to people in PR. That what he told me, I'm not into sports, so I dont know how many channels you should get, but he was upset.

Well a friend of mine has a Sports Bar and he has DTV just for the NFL games. As far as I can tell he gets all the games.

I have a question. I'm a Chicago Bears fan, and on the past I had the Chicago Locales until the crappy PR locales ruined it all. We can't get those channel anymore with our PR address right? I'm interested on the HD version, but can settle for the SD... :D

A friend of mine bought the MLB pkg from Direct-PR last year and only receive like 3 channels. They didnt offer all the games, only the ones they thing are intereting to people in PR. That what he told me, I'm not into sports, so I dont know how many channels you should get, but he was upset.

Yeah because the MLB baseball packages in Directv here stinks they only offer like 2 or 3 games per night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts