HD Locals in Seattle?

WLong

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2004
Anyone know when we can expect to have HD locals in the Seattle Market?

cebbigh said:
Good question. Also would be useful to know what satellite they will be on.

Yeah if they put them on 129 we will finally know Dish is not listening to their customers in the northwest and that engineering is asleep at the wheel. They will also have one less customer as I will turn back my 211 beings they cannot reliably provide the programming they force you to buy.

Thus far, my reception on 129 is great. I have a seperate DISH 500 pointed at 129 though (thats how my installer did it..). I wouldnt mind at all having HD locals on 129. What are you noticing on 129?

WLong said:
Thus far, my reception on 129 is great. I have a seperate DISH 500 pointed at 129 though (thats how my installer did it..). I wouldnt mind at all having HD locals on 129. What are you noticing on 129?

Your installer did well by you putting you on a seperate 500. The problem with 129 has been the signal drops approx 20 points every 30 mins or so. If your overall signal is strong enough you may not notice it. The word was that dish was working on it. I haven't taken the time to watch the signal strength recently but I have noticed that I haven't had signal breakup (also have a seperate 500 for 129) for a couple of weeks. If dish has done something to correct 129 it would be good to know.

cebbigh said:
Your installer did well by you putting you on a seperate 500. The problem with 129 has been the signal drops approx 20 points every 30 mins or so. If your overall signal is strong enough you may not notice it. The word was that dish was working on it. I haven't taken the time to watch the signal strength recently but I have noticed that I haven't had signal breakup (also have a seperate 500 for 129) for a couple of weeks. If dish has done something to correct 129 it would be good to know.

I check every couple of days and so far no change, changing to a dish 500 for 129 brought my signal up enough that it doesn't drop every 20 minutes like it was but it stills drop out just as you are beginning to enjoy a program. Very frustrating!

Well it hasnt happened to me yet (knock on wood) and I was even checking the strength during the storm we have brewing up around here tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)