HD locals OTA with 622 questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Rant:
I am so ticked off with Dish right now I can not see straight. I need some questions answered. I tried to call dish first and got an Indian sounding woman that knew nothing that I could hardly understand. So I went buy my local store the next day to inquire about upgrading to HD and they said they could not help me there as all HD upgrades had to be handeled by Dish so I had to call Dish. So I call dish back and get a man with a bad accent that is hard to understand and unknowledgeable. I swear I would gladly pay $10.00 a call to talk to an American that speaks good clear English that knows the products.

Questions:
I have ordered a 622 to get HD channels. I watched the last Charlie Chat and Tech Chat. My concern is locals in HD and these are the questions I can not get an answer to. I have SD locals off the satellite (Birmingham Alabama) but the Birmingham market will not have HD locals on a satellite this year so I am going to have to get my local HD channels OTA. Is the OTA antenna included in the $299.00 622 fee or $49.99 shipping and handling fee they have charged me for this upgrade? Will they bring the antenna with them and put it up at the same time they replace the dish? Will the local HD channels be in my program guide? Will I be able to DVR HD locals? Is there anywhere I can download or view the manual to the 622? Does the 622 have an OTA HD tuner in it? When I ask these questions to Dish they are clueless. I am going to be really ticked off if after waiting till March 11th for the install I can not get HD locals! Can someone here help me since dish can't?

AlaJoe said:
Rant:
Is the OTA antenna included in the $299.00 622 fee or $49.99 shipping and handling fee they have charged me for this upgrade? Will they bring the antenna with them and put it up at the same time they replace the dish? Will the local HD channels be in my program guide? Will I be able to DVR HD locals? Is there anywhere I can download or view the manual to the 622? Does the 622 have an OTA HD tuner in it? When I ask these questions to Dish they are clueless. I am going to be really ticked off if after waiting till March 11th for the install I can not get HD locals! Can someone here help me since dish can't?

1. The OTA antenna is $49 on top of the $299 622 lease
2. If the antenna is on your work order then they will install it at the same time. Call and make sure it's on your work order.
3. If you sub to locals then your OTA stations will show up in your guide. The secondary stations that Dish does not carry will show up as "Digital Service"
4. The 622 manual isn't online yet.
5. The 622 does have an OTA tuner built in. You must sub to a HD package for it to be enabled.

I hope this clears some things up for you.

EDIT: dishpointer beat me to it :)

I don't know all the answers to your questions, but I'll answer what I can.

1)You have to ask for the OTA antenna, and they will bring it with them and install it. I'm not sure whether it is included with everything you are being charged.
2) The OTA channels will be in the program guide, but will only say "digital service" unless you subscribed to the locals, in which case, you will get all the program info for them.
3)Yes, you will be able to record the OTA HD locals, and yes, the 622 has it's own OTA HD tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)