HD locals SF

I've also been waiting for HD locals in SF for quite a while. Anyone have an idea of when its going to launch?

The San Francisco-San Jose market is scheduled to get the HD locals sometime this quarter. No specific date has been given yet though. I'm waiting for them, too, so I can record more than one network show in HD at the same time.

I was surprised when this market wasn't in the first 12 markets that got the HD locals. Maybe they're setting up a spot beam from the new 110 satellite for them here. So far, all of the other markets are on either the 61.5 or 129 satellite.

Larry
SF

I've been waiting on word from them too to see if I can get them as a distant. I get the sf locals since 1998 and I've been waiting for them for a while. They have been available on D* for some time now.

Tim

I have no idea if this means anything, but this was in the uplink report thread. The post is by goaliebob99 and it was made today at 5:05am PST:

8220 KGO Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 148
8221 KPIX Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 119
8222 KNTV Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 119
8223 KTVU Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 119
8224 KBWB Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 119
8225 KBHK Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 119
8226 KQED Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 119
8227 KICU Moved TO TP Frequency: 12.589 GHz TP Echostar X From 119

So a bunch of our SD locals have been moved to Echostar X at 110. I understand that there's a lot more local SD channels (from many markets) that are going onto Echostar X, but that there won't be any more moves until May 5. I assume that they won't start uplinking any new HD-LILs until E*X has been loaded with all the SD channels that it's going to get. IOW, no SF HD-locals until May at the earliest.

But I could certainly be wrong.

E* has to comply with the FCC "One Dish" ruling before june or july so moving SD channel is a priority. The rest of the channels in our DMA will be moved over next month.

If all HD will be on 129 then it will probably be after they remove the locals we have on 129 which are a mirrior of those that are on 148. This is to happen in May. So hopefully soon there after...

styxfix said:
I have a good feeling that the SF Bay Area HD locals will be on the new E* 10 at 110.

I thought for sure that all the sd channels would be on 110 and the hd lils for sf would be on 129. But 110 would be good too. Do you have any info on this or is it purely a guess?

Tim

I just had my 622 installed this week and at first there were four channels in the 9000s labeled "temporary home of ..." each of the four main locals. even though the 9000s are usually in HD they were only SD. but then as of last night, the channels aren't there anymore. Don't know what's going on, I live in Pacifica and the OTA is off and on with all the hills around me so I can't wait for the SF LILs to be up.

Those channels in the 9000 were only SD. Since all the SD SF locals are moving to 110, those channels were put there for the people that only have a dish pointing at 119.

can't get SF locals except KRON

Does anybody know why I can't get the SF locals since they switched to 110? I only get KRON now, since last Wednesday. Dish tech supt hasn't been much help. Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem since the switch. I have a Dish500 dual LNB w/ a 510 PVR. I live in the east bay.

-smalls

dsmalls said:
Does anybody know why I can't get the SF locals since they switched to 110? I only get KRON now, since last Wednesday. Dish tech supt hasn't been much help. Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem since the switch. I have a Dish500 dual LNB w/ a 510 PVR. I live in the east bay.

-smalls

Tech support should have told you to try this:

Try holding down the POWER button on your 510 receiver for ten seconds. It will reboot. If that doesn't, work do a switch test when to go to the point dish screen.
If that doesn't work, unplug the 510 from the wall for a couple of minutes and then do a little prayer and then plug it back in and hope for the best.

I did all that stuff, a number of times. My little prayer was not answered. :(

The last Dish tech seemed to think it might be a problem with my 510. No way to tell unless I pony up the $ for a service call, which I'm hesitant to do. This really seems like something on their end that's screwed up, and I'm gonna end up paying for it.

I know the SF locals come on 110, spotbeam 26, but does anybody know which transponder this is? If I go through the setup procedure, there is no spotbeam 26 on the signal meter page. Is it possible that the transponder/spotbeam is operating at a reduced power level or something?

Aggravating, really.

dsmalls said:

The last Dish tech seemed to think it might be a problem with my 510. No way to tell unless I pony up the $ for a service call, which I'm hesitant to do. This really seems like something on their end that's screwed up, and I'm gonna end up paying for it.

I know the SF locals come on 110, spotbeam 26, but does anybody know which transponder this is? If I go through the setup procedure, there is no spotbeam 26 on the signal meter page. Is it possible that the transponder/spotbeam is operating at a reduced power level or something?

Aggravating, really.

They show up under 110 transponder 1

They are all coming in here including the ones on 129

Tim

dsmalls said:

Aggravating, really.

Clear the switch matrix in the receiver.

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch (Menu,6,1,1, check switch)
Connect the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Hopefully that will bring them back.

RandallA said:
Clear the switch matrix in the receiver.

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch (Menu,6,1,1, check switch)
Connect the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Hopefully that will bring them back.

Still nothing :(
My question now is, is there anything that a service technician is going to do on a field visit that I haven't already done myself? If that's the case, I suppose it's time to cancel my local channels package.

RandallA said:
What kind of signal readings are you getting on 110? Could you post some of your readings specially TPs 11 and 12 and of course TP1 (SF Locals).

Tp 01 - 79
Tp 11 - 79
Tp 12 - 0

on both Tp 01 and Tp 11, it give the signal strength at around 80, but it's in red and says "wrong sat" for about 15 seconds, then it locks in and turns green. on Tp 12, it says "not locked" with a signal strength of 0.