HD Locals. . .

greenguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Home Ground. . .
hi guys,

I still have a mixed arc setup and i normally get my locals from 119, only a few days ago i found that my locals in channel numbers 2 to 11 are in HD (which i dont have) but i can get them in the 8100 and up in SD.

Is there anything i can do to have them back in the low numbers?

You need to be a bit more specific. You have a mixed arc setup, which satellites exactly? Home Ground isn't close enough, which city or DMA exactly? SD and HD locals are often on different satellites and, perhaps, you are not looking at the satellite that carries you HD locals....

SD Locals (NYNY) usually come from 119w and the other dish is on 61.5w.

I have the everything pack without HD but my locals are now showing in the guide as HD in the low numbered channels (2 to 11) so i cant view them, i have to use the channels in the 8100 numbers for the SD, not that viewing them in the higher numbers is a problem but just want to know if it was possible for me to maybe switch it some how. . .VIP222k

You have a pretty unique setup that allows you to have an HD receiver without HD service.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we're talking about parts of New York that are well North of Lake Ontario.

You have a pretty unique setup that allows you to have an HD receiver without HD service.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we're talking about parts of New York that are well North of Lake Ontario.

you could have not been more wrong and incorrect, besides.

It's NOT manditory to have an HD package with an HD receiver. . .HD is an option.

The NY HD locals are on 61.5, Spotbeam 3, and appear on channels 6300-6315. If you can't see spotbeam 3, you aren't going to get the HD locals.... You still aren't forthcoming with where you are actually at....

not necessarily but not iun the US. From an old post

im not in the US and did a 'move' to another state for the conus locals a few months back

and he has a 222 receiver...but anywho since he is not in the footprint of the HD locals he cant see them. HD locals are on spotbeam in most cases. NY SD Big4+WPIX/WWOR are CONUS

OK, lets start over because im gettin the feelin that everyone thinks i want the HD Locals. . .

I DO NOT WANT THE HD Local. . .even if i did, i didnt sub to any HD package weather that be $10 per month or $100 for life so i shouldnt get them.

I just wanted to know IF i can do anything (receiver menu) to get my SD Locals (which i still get in the 8100 numbers) in the LOWER channel numbers, for example 2, 4, 5, 7 etc.

a very simple question:

is there anything i can do?
yes. . .this is what you do.
OR
No. at which point i will just tune to the channels in the 8100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)