HD Locals

Hawkeyee

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I am thinking about switching from Voom to Dish Network, but I was told the 811 Dish Receivers does not do a good job at picking up the off air locals, and that the Direct TV receivers do a better job of off air locals. Does any one have any have any experience with The Dish receivers and off air locals and what have you found to be true?

I had a Model 6000 and it seemed to pick up the HD stations fine. I currently have a 921 and works as well if not better than the 6000. My neighbor just got a 811, and it too seems to pick up all the local stations fine.

Hawkeyee said:
I am thinking about switching from Voom to Dish Network, but I was told the 811 Dish Receivers does not do a good job at picking up the off air locals, and that the Direct TV receivers do a better job of off air locals. Does any one have any have any experience with The Dish receivers and off air locals and what have you found to be true?

How is voom box at picking them up? In general if they come in on your voom box, they will come in on the 811.

You could always sign up on the DHA plan, there is no commitment, so if it doesn't work the way you like, they will take it back.

If you switch to Dish, I hope you don't want very much HD. I still have the HD Pack from Dish and that's it. My 6000 does a good job of pulling in OTA channels and so does my Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)