HD lock-on issue

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
Starting a few days ago, my 722k won't lock-on to the HD versions of channels 340, 351 and 352 (yes, the HD versions are in the Guide). Everytime I try, it gives me the unable to lock-on message and brings up the SD version instead. I've tried about 15 or so of the other HD channels I have available (118, 120, 122, 130, 132, 135, 138, 139, 140, etc, etc) as a test without any issues at all. I don't have any problems with 367, 369, 378, 379, or anything in the 380-block of channels. Is anyone else having issues with 340, 351 and 352 or is it just me?

I haven't done a hard-reset yet, but have thought about about it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!

The HD versions of 340, 351, and 352 are on Satellite 110 for western arc. Most of the HD channels for Western arc are on Satellite 129. I would do a check switch to make sure you are still getting Satellite 110.

Forget my solution. I just saw that 369 is on Satellite 110 so if you can receive 369 that is not the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Did a check-switch test and everything was fine, however on the System Info screen, I have an X on the 110 sat. So, looks like it's time to call the Dish folks and have them come check out the LNBs, since it also said on the Details screen that there's an LNB drift issue...

Reactions: TheKrell
Did a check-switch test and everything was fine, however on the System Info screen, I have an X on the 110 sat. So, looks like it's time to call the Dish folks and have them come check out the LNBs, since it also said on the Details screen that there's an LNB drift issue...

That's the reason for not locking on for sure, now they just have to find out why. But you made me laugh a little....
"Did a check-switch test and everything was fine, however on the System Info screen, I have an X on the 110 sat" You are a 1/2 cup full person!

I checked under the hood everything was fine however the timing belt is gone.....

Last edited:
That's the reason for not locking on for sure, now they just have to find out why. But you made me laugh a little....
"Did a check-switch test and everything was fine, however on the System Info screen, I have an X on the 110 sat" You are a 1/2 cup full person!

I checked under the hood everything was fine however the timing belt is gone.....
Yeah... I was just looking to see if anything was going on, but other the X on the 110 sat, it's healthy. Tech should in 33 mins (so says the website), so we'll see what's up...I'll report his findings...

Reactions: Tampa8
A freakin' tree branch, barely blocking 110!! Lopped it off, fixed...well, I feel like an idiot...

On my very first self-install, that happened to me with 119. I was absolutely dumbfounded! It is not very easy to understand where that dish is pointing by just eyeballing it. No AR back then to help make that easy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, when the tech showed a pic he took with the positions of the western arc sats and the branch in the pic from the viewpoint of the upper dish, it was painfully obvious what the issue was. Got my loppers from the garage and lopped off two branches that were in the LOS of 110 in the pic and my signal strength on 110 went from 5 to 54. Yeah, I know, it's not easy to eyeball it and I didn't have the app he was using, but I still felt like an idiot, thinking it was a technical issue and all it was was an obstruction...sheesh. I should've given the guy a snack or something to eat while enroute to his next service call 25 minutes up I-5, but didn't think of it until about 10 minutes after he'd left...

[QUOTE="long_time_DNC, post: 4337018, member: 4595" I should've given the guy a snack or something to eat while enroute to his next service call 25 minutes up I-5, but didn't think of it until about 10 minutes after he'd left...[/QUOTE]They are probably not allowed to accept it.:biggrin I work in the service industry, so when I have a service person at my house I always offer them something, or a tip if warrented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)