HD Net Movies Brightness up Really High!

johnny_b

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
Wesley Hills, NY
This past week I watched High Society, Oliver and I'm now watching Rocky and the brightness on this channel is up really high. The colors are all washed out. I have to drop the brightness on my 60"SXRD about 9 clicks. All my other channels are normal. I called Dish to let them know about it. Anyone else see this.

This past week I watched High Society, Oliver and I'm now watching Rocky and the brightness on this channel is up really high. The colors are all washed out. I have to drop the brightness on my 60"SXRD about 9 clicks. All my other channels are normal. I called Dish to let them know about it. Anyone else see this.

I'm watching previews now, looks fine.

I have noticed this before on HD Net Movies. It appears that the black level is set higher than it is on the other channels. I am not sure if the problem is with the individual movie transfers or the channel itself. The problem has been there for a long time.

For me, since getting HD in March, HDNet has been that way from the start...all washed out. I've made a custom picture setting to compensate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts