Hd Networks Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kslot1982

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Ok So I Live In Atlanta...and I Was Only Getting Fox Hd (e) Feed, I'm Guessing Because Were O&o....but I Have Always Had Problems Getting Cbs Do To My Location....tonight I Turn To Cbs Hd (e) And It Tunes In?....very Confused Did Something Change? As I'm Getting Abc, Fox, Cbs, And Nbc Hd (e) Feeds Now...i Never Called In To Try And Ive Never Had Any Waivers?

kslot1982 said:
Ok So I Live In Atlanta...and I Was Only Getting Fox Hd (e) Feed, I'm Guessing Because Were O&o....but I Have Always Had Problems Getting Cbs Do To My Location....tonight I Turn To Cbs Hd (e) And It Tunes In?....very Confused Did Something Change? As I'm Getting Abc, Fox, Cbs, And Nbc Hd (e) Feeds Now...i Never Called In To Try And Ive Never Had Any Waivers?

SHHHHHHHHHHHH! don't say anything..... ;)

Barney

Please see my thread on the new waiver system D* put into place:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=60251

I live in the Houston locals area, your list needs to be updated.

I called last week, it was not in place yet, I called today and got CBS & NBC HD turned on right away. Used to be all I was eligible for was FOX & ABC HD, O&O stations.

The D* tech today explained that not everyone in the updated cities list will get local HD, a waiver is submitted upon customer request and is approved or denied by the stations based on your geographic location / physical address. He also said the "O&O eligibility" does not apply anymore.

I can't believe that. The list is wrong, it's plain and simple. Because there are people in markets that have O&O from other networks that still get HD distants that aren't on that list...

It's a D* mistake

Well, all I know is this. Used to be all I was eligible for was FOX & ABC HD. ( Houston market )

Last week I saw the changes on the website, and called in, and was told a new system was being put into place to allow any subscriber to request a waiver thru DirecTV for DNS HD.

This week I call in and get CBS and NBC HD added while on the phone. So now I get all my networks in HD ( except ABC )

Why are they city specific on the website, I dunno, todays tech could not answer that question. I have called the Hi-Def eligibility ( 1-800-263-0028 ) at D* at least once a week or so since I got my HD receiver and bugged them about my local eligibility. ( even though I'm in the Houston market, I live 150 miles from Houston and can't get the Houston network broadcasts in HD OTA )

I don't know how I can prove to you that I'm getting CBS and NBC HD now, and that I do indeed live in the Houston market. But you do have the person in the Atlanta market who started this thread who is getting all his HD DNS locals now as well.

how can you not be getting ABC though, ABC is O&O in your market. nothing makes any sense.

I don't see how D* can just be turing on channels.

Do you receive your locals OTA?

My zip code is 77983. I receive all the Houston analog locals from D*.

When I activated my HD in January, the D* tech applied for waivers for FOX and ABC HD. FOX was turned on in a few days, I was informed that ABC was denied. After several calls to the Houston ABC station and D*, I found out that my waiver was denied by a low-power UHF ABC station, ( KAVU-25 ) not the Houston ABC station. I'm still working with them to get my DNS ABC HD turned on as they do not even broadcast in HD yet.

I live roughly 150 miles from Houston and cannot get any OTA HD broadcasts. ( I've tried )

hahahahaha :D

all in good fun but I just had to update this tonight because I was browsing the D* hd network pages again and the cities were finally corrected like they are suppossed to be.

Well maybe you are still getting what you're getting but those pages still listed the incorrect O&O cities and they've finally fixed them :)

Well regardless if D* website had errors or not. I was able to get CBS & NBC HD DNS added with a phone call asking for waivers to be submitted on my behalf, and I live in the "Houston" market.

BFG, please note philhu's post in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=60251
He lives in the Boston market and they LET HIM APPLY for waivers for NBC and ABC, and those stations are not on the "correct" list for Boston.

What market do you live in? Have you even called D* recently to ask for waivers for HD DNS?

So I live up in northern Vermont; we have NO HD OTA broadcasts and won't for at least another 18 months. Therefore myslef and several others have been hopeful of the FC HD whitezone rules beeing put into place.

So...I called the HD Directv number and got someone immediately (shocker!) aand they politely told me they would send waivers to the local affiliates requesting HD. Moreover I'd have to wait 30 to 45 days to hear and I would one way or another.

Will it work? My locals were notorious about not supporting waivers; peerhaps they have to now because we have no OTA HD? or do the local affiliates have any say?

Thanks all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)