Hd offers

wknd_warrior

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I thought about doing the dish and up promo a couple weeks ago when it was $10 off per month and $50 for the 622 reciever after the mail in rebate. They told me there would be a $5 per month lease fee per month that I would always pay for the reciever so I told them to forget it. I really want HD but $25 per month is a rip off.

I decided to call on the new promo today in the hopes that it was better than last months. The rep told me that would be $199 for the stupid reciever, plus the $5 per month lease fee but then free HD for 6 months. Maybe its just me but $199 just to get a reciever and then lease it forever on top of the overpriced $20 per month seems like rip off to me. Direct and Cable are both way cheaper for HD.

Is there any way to get around that reciever fee that anybody knows about or should I just wait a couple more months when my contract is up and then switch to another provider?

I signed up for Dish in the spring, turned down the contract (and paid an extra $50 but I am not locked into a contract and can cancel any time). I pay a monthly fee but I didn't pay anything upfront for the equipment. I have a 622 (HD DVR), 211(HD), and a standard box in my kid's room. I am getting back $200 over 10 months and I got Starz for free for the first three. The $20 isn't so bad for HD. I have cable too and just scrapped their HD package of six channels for $6. They are all included as part of the Dish HD for $20 and then some (about 40 channels?). Dish has the most channels right now as far as my cable company, DirecTV and Dish.

I thought about doing the dish and up promo a couple weeks ago when it was $10 off per month and $50 for the 622 reciever after the mail in rebate. They told me there would be a $5 per month lease fee per month that I would always pay for the reciever so I told them to forget it. I really want HD but $25 per month is a rip off.

I decided to call on the new promo today in the hopes that it was better than last months. The rep told me that would be $199 for the stupid reciever, plus the $5 per month lease fee but then free HD for 6 months. Maybe its just me but $199 just to get a reciever and then lease it forever on top of the overpriced $20 per month seems like rip off to me. Direct and Cable are both way cheaper for HD.

Is there any way to get around that reciever fee that anybody knows about or should I just wait a couple more months when my contract is up and then switch to another provider?
You get a $100 rebate and with DVR Advantage, no lease or DVR fee. Do some more homework.

If you get DVR Advantage that 6$ a month lease fee (and any DVR fees) are waived as long as your 622 is your only DVR and your 'first receiver' (any additional DVRs would be 6$ DVR fee + 6$ lease fee, and any additional receivers would be just 6$ lease fee). If you want a 722, it'd be 99$ after 100$ rebate, the 622 is 49$ after 100$ rebate. DVR Advantage includes locals and DHPP for the first 12 months of your 18 month commitment as well.

199$ before rebate, 99$ after, for the 722. If you want the 622, it'd be same as I mentioned above, 149$ before, 49$ after 100$ rebate.

Also, Rebates are now lump sum, instead of spanned over 10 months.

Cable and DirecTV also have a lot less HD channels. Cable here is 13$ a month for HD if you want a HD DVR, but they have maybe 15 channels in HD. Quite different than the nearly 40 available on Dish Network.

I'm sorry you don't see the benefit of what you get for 20$, nor did you properly read the materials provided regarding DIU and DVR Advantage.

Thanks drdroo. That info you provided was very helpful. I wish the dish reps were this helpful.

Anyway, I'm currently on the top 100 for $29 per month plus $6 for locals and $5 for dvr totaling $41 per month before my $10 per month rebate so the $39 dvr advantage would make more sense. More channels, same price plus no lease fee when I upgrade to the 622. I called Dish and they confirmed everything you said except for the $100 mail in rebate on the 622 dvr. She said I've only been with them 8 months and I have to wait 4 more months before I can get any mail in rebates which seems stupid to me. I asked how much it would be to cancel and either sign up as a new customer or just go with someone else. It would be $140 to cancel so I have to decide if I want to do that or wait 4 months for hd.

Is there anyone that I can call or email to get that $100 mail rebate now that you guys know about?

I don't believe there is a 10$ rebate anymore as of 8-15 for HD pack.

There's just a rebate for certain packages like DishLatino. I heard something about 6 months free HD, but it was just 'provided', no rebates or nonsense. I don't know the truth to that, but I read it in some other threads. I do know for fact that the 10$ for 10 months programming rebate is gone as of 8-15.

You could try emailing ceo@echostar.com, can't hurt any. However, Dish'n-it-up usually is a 'every 12 months' thing.

Since you'd need the new box to get HD Programming, you may actually succeed in the upgrade, since you'd ultimately be paying 20$ more a month overall for the HD pack and you can't get HD Pack with your existing hardware.

Include your account number and be specific about what you want, namely that you want a 622 (or a 722) to get HD programming, that your existing equipment can't do it, and you're stuck because you can't do Dishin-it-up since you still have 4 months to go.

You will need a dish change (Dish 1000.2, 1000+) or 2 dishes (an additional dish on 61.5) for HD programming. This would make your cost 30$ more overall (179 or 229 depending on 622 or 722). However, it would get everything installed that you need, and you wouldn't have to worry short of watching TV.

Hope this helps you out.

I don't believe there is a 10$ rebate anymore as of 8-15 for HD pack.

Actually, the $10 off is my current promo I'm on when I signed up

You could try emailing ceo@echostar.com, can't hurt any. However, Dish'n-it-up usually is a 'every 12 months' thing.

Since you'd need the new box to get HD Programming, you may actually succeed in the upgrade, since you'd ultimately be paying 20$ more a month overall for the HD pack and you can't get HD Pack with your existing hardware.

Include your account number and be specific about what you want, namely that you want a 622 (or a 722) to get HD programming, that your existing equipment can't do it, and you're stuck because you can't do Dishin-it-up since you still have 4 months to go.

I will definitely give that a try.

You will need a dish change (Dish 1000.2, 1000+) or 2 dishes (an additional dish on 61.5) for HD programming. This would make your cost 30$ more overall (179 or 229 depending on 622 or 722). However, it would get everything installed that you need, and you wouldn't have to worry short of watching TV.

Hope this helps you out.

I was told that I wouldn't have to pay for the new hd dish but maybe she was wrong.

Terk TV44 with DPP44

L443 Spotted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)